Lead Squares On Windows

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Doo, Dec 12, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Doo

Doo Well-Known Member

I have been asked to clean a house with square lead on the windows, I have a few houses with small leaded hoppers that I scrim, but this is on all the glass except the large glass on the lounge window the squares are too small to get a 6 inch blade in, how would you go about this job or would you give it a miss?

Advertisement
  2. Extremecleansussex

Extremecleansussex Active Member

Pass it on to a WFP guy if you know any. It's a piece of cake with a pure water system!

3. TobySampson

TobySampson Well-Known Member

Before I got wfp I used glass cleaner and a micro fibre cloth.. Can up fine but took longer so charge more..

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Charge it accordingly...

5. mark m

mark m Hero

cut your blade down to suite the window

6. david247

david247 Banned

try to use cloths sepertly for this job and try not to scratch the lead as it will over time lead to led poisoning,

7. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

I don't do leaded windows trad anymore, too much hassle. WFP or pass, for me..

8. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

Yup, I go out looking for leaded windows to knock since they are a pain to do when you do traditional, but with WFP its the same as normal windows.

9. Squeak and Bubbles

True led windows are best for wfp chaps... unless you charge the correct rat, as you will be there a long time dude.

10. laddergarder

I did one today, well the two lads that work for me did it. Its all lead all the way round. When I quoted it, I charged twice my regular rate and it worked out not to bad. We have now did the customer for a few years and although it takes longer, its not that bad if you price it properly. But if you do get it wrong you will hate doing it.

My advice would be to just be honest with the customer, tell them its not your typical job, and you cant give an exact quote. But would estimate it at X amount. Once complete, give them a quote based on how long it took. For your estimate, I would charge double(your normal rate, without lead), plus a 1 or 2 pound.

Advertisement