Leaded Windows

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Greg, Sep 11, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Greg

Greg Guest

Hi I Dont know if its just me but i've just moved over to using wfp system and i get great results on plain windows but leaded windows always dry spotty, Does anyone else get the same problem?

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Leaded wino are a ***htmare all i can say is rinse and rinse some more.

3. Greg

Greg Guest

Yeah i've tried that i clean them the traditional way now shame though i've got quite a few leads on my round if i could use wfp on them i would save a lot of time and as you know in this trade more wash more dosh.

4. A.K WINDOWS

i have a few leaded windows im on the ladder and its still a pain in the ass,i use damp cloth then dry one to buff up i found this the best way rather than soak em wet threw.

5. I use wfp and have a lot of leaded windows i had similar problems but after a few cleans and some good rinsing they were all fine and remain that way. Leaded window just require more rinsing than normal thats all.

Col

6. Greg

Greg Guest

Ok thats what i was hoping you would say col, thanks for the reply at least now i can tell the customers they will be good after a few cleans.

7. Sienna_Brown

Sienna_Brown Guest

I totally agree, a few more cleans should be enough to achieve the desired results ...

8. nearlyclean

Supplier

Leaded windows usually come good after a couple of cleans,sometimes the lead holds dirt which seeps after you've finished.keep with it

9. Greg

Greg Guest

Thanks for all your replies i'm telling the customers now with leaded windows that it wil take a few cleans but there patience will be worth it.I Had the same problem today will an old house with georgian windows and flakey paint work i also her the same thing.

10. bluenose1988

bluenose1988 Guest

I clean windows using traditional methods and when cleaning leaded windows I tend to just use a good unger microfibre cloth and a product called astonish window cleaner, you can get astonish from most stores and its only about a pound, simply spray on and wipe off.

Advertisement