Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Drain Rods For Guttering Comes In Handy Too

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

View attachment 4029

I could not use a drain jetter to clear the blocked gutters below the carport as the carport roofs plastic was too brittle. So I decided to rod them through instead then after removing all the sludge flush them through with a hose pipe attached to a wfp.

Both downpipes where blocked at ground level too. Oh deep joy so I sorted them out aswell.

View attachment 2316

If you don't have a set of drain rods then would suggest to get a set to carry in the van as you never know when they will come in handy.

I think mark using them when using pro-g tools too.

Nice one mark...

Will give my rods a go sometime but tried one of the tools on one of the threads and is not really that good fit so don't want to knacker the thread on the pro-g tools. Plus the drain rod set I got from wicks seems very bendy to work as good as a ridged pole.

Guess the only way to find out is to try them out to see if the drain rods are any good or not,

I had to clear a gutter a while ago and used my stepdads gutter poles and his half moon attatchment, think he paid about 15-20 for the lot and we cleared a fair few gutters out with it but the only prob I found was once you got it so long it was hard to place being quite flexible, abit like a fishing rod lol and anything stiff in the gutter like a mound of grass it wouldn't dig in properly to pull and got quite frustrating having to keep trying to get it to pull the **** out but I'd definately have a set for what they cost and always handy to have!

To be honest I've never tried as for me think it would be quicker to take downspout bends apart to unblock them. Mind you if they are not that bad then a squirt with a hosepipe using tap pressure does the trick to unblock them too. Either up a ladder or can attach the hosepipe to a wfp and do it from the ground if you wanted to.

I also have a telescopic pressure washer lance but found it makes a hell of a mess and can easaly blow downspout bends apart.

Latest Posts

Back