leaflet distribution

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by chris70, Apr 13, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris70

chris70 Member

Hi all new to the site i want to get round up and running i had a company distribute 2000 leaflets but have so far have only obtained one customer is this normal or will get mor replys from them as it has only been 5 days since they were distributed
    cheers

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Welcome mate, the answer is, I guess, it depends on your leaflets, how good they were at promoting your service.

We have ha several threads on here about leaflet distribution and design and if you bear with me a minute I will find you a link to the ones I do...................

3. chris70

chris70 Member

cheers mate

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

5. chris70

chris70 Member

cheers for that i will have a read through

6. Scottie

Scottie Well-Known Member

Hello Chris70,

Welcome. I did a 2000 leaflet run when started and got 1 customer also. I got one conny clean too. The flyer was professional looking and could have come across as expensive. I have toned down the flyer and re done it and have a smaller flyer and more local based and that I take huge pride in my work etc and more person to person feel and I have put out 250 and got 4 customers, so better already. I dont think leaflets are best at all, they are good if followed up by door knocking. But if you get a customer then that customer can lead to more easily, so the flyer has a longer life to it.

I used facebook and studied it hard and looked at othr windys approach and what got what replies and noted it all down in to a chart (nerdy i no) but I then made a few words as post on the group pages on FB and really made a good feel message that I am a cleaner local and reliable and again take huge pride in MY business and that I offer a great service at fair prices and really worded it right. This post has got me 100 odd customers in 2 months of facebook, i tried the old method and got nothing to see if it was the way I delivered it, it was imo, the right advertising goes along way.

Facebook
    Door knocking
    leaflets

Thats my order of attack, I need another 150 customers and I will be happy, I was on here nervous as hell and started really in Feb after buying a wfp and have 148 customers now in 2 months, prob not the best ratio but its fast enough for me, so dont depend on leaflets mate, door knock and FB, best time for FB is 6-7pm and sundays 8-10pm goes mental. All the best. p.s I say all that but I need to door knock more, just get little nervous, but need to get on it asap, best way and took note of the people on here who advised me this too.

GOOD LUCK IT WILL HAPPEN, I was told this and stuck with it and it is happening:) Some good people on here, I am sure will come along with some better advice than myself:)

7. nick666

nick666 Member

Scottie's advice is spot on and that amount of custumers in such a short time is an incredible achievement.For my ten bob's worth -we focus on gutter cleaning and the windows is just a side line.I find putting fliers out covers costs ish I focus on the gutters in the flier and also mention the windows.The way I make the money is by knocking on the doors very shortly afterwards.My leaflets all have my name, home address and landline plus mobile no. On-it separates you from the scallies and todate noone has knocked on my door-apart from the taxman;-) .By going in on the gutters you can get a good rep, obviously assuming you do a good job .The neighbours can always ask your customer what you were like.Plus although I have to bow at the Master of pricing aka Smurf, you should be able to get £45 for a semi for an hourish work.Also upsell balloons for downspouts, I do them for £5 installed, should put price up and you have just reminded me of the 7 foot drain prevention service that I mean to offer.Basically 3 stick drain rods down each gullley/drain to loosen detritus, I love that word, from causing any potential problems.And clearly report on any problems which you are more than happy to do then for a price or they can use their own chap.Gutter stuff not drains in my case lol .Final tip when they show an interest inthe windows, always ask how long is it since thet have been done.If more than 4 months explain how you will spend a lot longer on the first clean to get it up to scratch by cleaning the sills and frames properly.If they are a horendous price accordingly.Then say the first cleanis double what you would normally charge.Dont say that literally just say "the first clean is £25 to get them looking good then after that its £13 a month to maintain them." assuming your doing them monthly.Hope this helps.Impressed with your facebook results -I've always considered it to be the work of the devil but if you could share any tips would be appreciated starting wkth turn on computer......... ;-)

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

you need to flyer yourself to make sure you get the little sidestreets that rarely get fliers. the golden streets .
    also buy a local street map and pencil in each street as you go. you will likely need 10k fliers to get a toehold but its good exercise. wear comfy shoes too

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. luc

luc Well-Known Member

Scottie that's some sound advice mate and FB is really working 100 customers without door knocking that looks like the way forward to me.
    What was the work like and a it very compact?

10. chris70

chris70 Member

Advertisement
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.