Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fly Poo removal with WFP

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Rickadoo

Hi Guys,

I've recently switched to WFP from trad and things are going well.  One thing that I'm struggling with is removing fly/spider poo. I have some jobs on my round where there is a lot of insect poo on the windows almost every month. I'm used to just scraping them off with scraper or fingernail or the green abrasive edge of applicator sleeve. However I'm now having difficulty removing these deposits with wfp. Is there a recommended way to get rid of these. Perhaps a specific wfp brush type or even a soloution you could put on first. On some of my jobs I've resorted to just getting the ladder off the van and tradding them. 

Many Thanks

Rich

The super scraper is ok, but I have this a lot on a care home I do.  Best method I have to remove it is touse the side of my brush head to rub it off without applying too much pressure (and avoid scratches).  It's not ideal but it does remove it.  This problem is my one and only pet peeve using WFP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I clean quite a few farms where there are dairy/beef cattle so get quite a bit of this fly poo on the frames/windows. I use diluted G101 (1 part G101 to 40 parts water roughly) which I keep in a spray bottle  - this usually just melts away the spots on white UPVC. These spots also tend to disappear over winter - with frosts etc...  I've also found G101 removes tree sap quite well.

I clean quite a few farms where there are dairy/beef cattle so get quite a bit of this fly poo on the frames/windows. I use diluted G101 (1 part G101 to 40 parts water roughly) which I keep in a spray bottle  - this usually just melts away the spots on white UPVC. These spots also tend to disappear over winter - with frosts etc...  I've also found G101 removes tree sap quite well.
Anyone else tried g101?
How safe is this on glass and frames?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back