Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flyer Advice

chris clean

Hi everyone I am just designing my first flyer and would appreciate any advice on whether to have a price or price structure on them or not. Basically I normally go £1 a window and was gonna have that on flyer but thinking more i don't want to be tied as sometimes you look at a place and know you want more than that or can get more. Some I've seen have a from price e.g. 3 beds from 8quid. Would you guys leave out price altogether or any other advice? Cheers

i wouldnt. if later you decide you want a price on them you can add a sticker label onto the flyer

Never put prices IMHO. And at 1£ per window you will get every Muppet with Georgian windows calling you up. When I first started gutters I advertised 40 per house. Just about every mansion in the area called up trying it on.

be careful when putting prices on your flyers.theres a big shot wc company by me.vans,vans and more vans swamping my patch:p.double sided glossy leaflets,must of cost a fortune.umm what went wrong???high prices on leaflets.they can afford to take the gamble I suppose. there ruthless.some might say business minded:thumbsdown:the trouble is big companys like this don't leave any crumbs on the table for new starters:devil:

I am in disagreement with Boars and Tolish, I have just had another 5000 flyers delivered and this time I have done a price menu on them:

Terrace / End of Terrace - £12

Terrace Fronts Only - £10

Semi Detached - £

4 Bed Detached - £

5 Bed Detached - £

3 Story Townhouse - £

Bungalow / Flat - £

Conservatory Add - £

Garage Door Add - £

I got this idea from a link that was posted on another thread (Think Boars posted it) some crew in Southampton.

I only started putting them out yesterday but so far they have been well received. The reason I went with a menu this time is I am tired to the muppets calling up that have you go round to quote, you say £12 and they say 'last bloke only charged £4.50' at least with the menu they know what they are looking at roughly before calling.

The thing I find with a flyer is the more information available to the customer the more chance you have, if they have

'Jons Window Cleaners - Call For Quote'

I don't think they are so inclined, but if they have the info of what you do 'Window Cleaning' as well as '3 Bed Semi from £12' then you have more chance of a 'nibble' as they know what to expect.

Just my opinion and so far I have only managed about 600 delivered as they only arrived yesterday but I have @boarcity on my conscience every time I see the pile of flyers I hear him pointing out the obvious 'they ain't making money sitting there' so he's keeping me motivated and also helping get me in shape with my step count! /emoticons/tongue.png

leaflet drops can bring in work but they can also bring in bad payers,messers that other window cleaners don't want or have got rid of(especially this time of year).if you get them to pay online from the beginning this will be some sort of guarantee maybe ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Just my opinion and so far I have only managed about 600 delivered as they only arrived yesterday but I have @boarcity on my conscience every time I see the pile of flyers I hear him pointing out the obvious 'they ain't making money sitting there' so he's keeping me motivated and also helping get me in shape with my step count! :p
600 ....your feet must be humming
like old roView attachment 7115 quefort

I love a nice leaflet drop when the weather is like today.

As for the menu option, knowing you green I'm pretty sure your leaflets are targeted, am I right? As in, you wouldn't drop your menu in a street where the average house would be twice that listed. A three bed down 1 street that vary massively to a 3 bed down another. Most of my work is in nice areas even though I prefer the council estates, so I would be out of pocket from the start.

I love a nice leaflet drop when the weather is like today.
As for the menu option, knowing you green I'm pretty sure your leaflets are targeted, am I right? As in, you wouldn't drop your menu in a street where the average house would be twice that listed. A three bed down 1 street that vary massively to a 3 bed down another. Most of my work is in nice areas even though I prefer the council estates, so I would be out of pocket from the start.
I guess my areas are targeted as house sizes don't change too much within my area of work, however as you know flyers get passed around here and there and if I get a call from someone across town in the 'manor house' with one of my flyers I will point out it says 'Prices From' quite happily.

As us old dogs know but the new lads don't you also have to be careful what's on a flyer as some customers will put it aside and call you in two years time or longer when their current windy vanishes. /emoticons/smile.png)

Thanks everyone for your input, I'm still not sure having read it all but know one thing if I put price I won't put £1 per window I will get more like greens menu. Cheers for your views guys

I just had a quote box on my flyers. To write in manually gave me the option of posting them without. Have them prewritten say 10 quidders in one pocket 12 quidders in the other if you spot a 16 quidder you can write it on way to door.

View attachment 7119

Ive since changed them and removed the leave in your window bit as its an extra job going back over them a few times to see if anyone has done so. Time better spent canvassing or putting more leaflets out

these were £34 for 5000 delivered last time but price varys depending on what promotions they have on

I do a quote flyer for pressure washing, it also has a 20% off discount voucher if booked within 14 days of the date on the flyer, its worked amazingly well for me.

For windows I used a tick flyer for awhile which had a good success rate, like adamanglers but with a big red tick on them and tell them to leave them out that night, I check on them the following morning.

Not done that for a long time though as I am to busy as it is.

The only problem with the leave on window flyers is you have no idea when they are going to leave them out so not only do you have to deliver them you have to Re check more than once. Maybe if you put on them we will check back tomorrow it might work better

The only problem with the leave on window flyers is you have no idea when they are going to leave them out so not only do you have to deliver them you have to Re check more than once. Maybe if you put on them we will check back tomorrow it might work better
I generally did those flyers on a Saturday and Sunday and cleaned on the Monday and made it clear I would be cleaning on the Monday.

Back