Leaflets can work

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by daveyboy, Nov 12, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Had no real luck with leaflets before
    Got a new custy in a flat on a new build road (well 2 years old)
    Neighbour above asked me to do theirs
    Then got a message on facebook from someone in that road so decided to leaflet all 62 houses yesterday while working
    5 responses by bedtime last night plus the 3 i already got
    Think the trick is to only leaflet an area where you are already getting work
    Gonna do the next street today and see what happens
    Anyone else have any ideas??

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I find it's a lot easier to pick up new business if you have already work in a street.
    I'm so lazy as far as gaining new work I just wait for ppl to ask me rather the other way round.

I'm sure I could make a killing though if I put myself out but I'm happy just to plod along.

3. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

That is what I am doing now, focused flyering rather than random all over the place.

I have a tick on mine for them to leave out on a Monday morning, also have a text number they can text for a free call back.

Put about 100 out at the weekend, maybe a bit less the weather was shocking, and got 5 new customers off it, so pretty good, but early days yet :)

Oh also these are printed at home and pretty basic, and they seem to work better than the fancy glossy ones I have been using since I started.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

5% is a good return mate
    Mine are printed at home
    Just a bigger version of my business cards but without my address on so i don't get unwanted windies turning up at my house to put me off an area...lol
    I get 6 on an a4 sheet and get the guillotine out

5. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

If you have a staples near and buy the paper there they will cut it to any size you want for £1.50, that is what we did.

Ours are A6 though so only 4 to a A4 sheet, but I wanted a decent size to spot the tick on a window from a distance.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If you go in to staples with a sample of what you want photocopied they will copy as many as you want and even cut them to size for you.:)

7. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Yeah quite expensive though if you have them double sided and with colour.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Handy if you want a short run but for loads you're better going to a cheap printers

9. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Yeah I am at the moment doing them myself, not the cheapest option, but I print off the amount I need with the date on them for the day I will be going round, so my flyer changes every week.

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Mine are only cheap 1 sided jobbies
    6 to a sheet 12 quid for ink and 3 quid for 250 sheets of top quality paper from a mate
    So 1500 flyers for 15 whole pounds
    Can't be bad

Advertisement