Leaflets i suppose

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Posh, Feb 5, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Posh

Posh Hero

well its snowed and now icing up so no way gonna get out tomorrow so gonna have 1000 leaflets photo-copied in the morning and brave the cold air and go delivering and get a bit of excercise thrown in. best of british to you all who go for it tomorrow;)

Advertisement
  2. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

I was wondering what to do. The snow is still deep here though I have a few jobs booked in. Not having window cleaned in the snow before, is it worth the risk or best leafleting and canvassing like posh?. I have already had a big farm cnacel because they think it might be too dangerous...thought it might thaw a bit today!!

3. Posh

Posh Hero

It's not so much the cleaning side that's not a problem. My worry is the ladder slipping. It's freezing here and only getting to 1 all day tomorrow. If your customers have any savey there realise it dangerous and understand why you ain't come. Yer health is worth more then a few windows. As I said won't waste the day as go leafleting and if you pick up a few new jobs your feel better. And think of the excercise.

4. Ryan

Ryan Guest

How do u guys find picking up jobs when the weathers this bad ?

5. Posh

Posh Hero

Well so far this year have got 11 new jobs which in a month with the rain and winds we've had ain't bad. With the leaflets I never hold out much hope but if I get rid of 500 tomorrow I'd be pleased with 5 calls back. It's better then sitting in all day bored.

6. laddergarder

Problem with leafleting when the snow is too bad to clean windows, is that it can still be a bit risky driving as well. I've heard of plenty of van written off, by going out on the snow covered road. I guess it really depends how bad it is though, the roads do tend to clear first.

We've been fairly fortunate in the west and missed the snow completely, so I'll be off out tomorrow as usual.

7. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

I will go out with the business cards and knock on each door. Will just shove a business card through the letterbox if no one is in. Not sure if the bad weather might affect the way people think as to wether they need a window cleaner...will give it a good go though. I managed to pick up six new customers last week, with no canvassing whatsoever...six tomorrow would be magic!!

8. James

James Guru

It hasn't affected me at all to be honest. Apart from getting cold (obviously), the customer is still willing to show me around their property so i can quote them.

James.

9. Posh

Posh Hero

That's the spirit

10. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

very true...never ever give in...and there are loads of potential customers out there. If I get 6 or more new ones then a special tea time beer will be called for...as a kind of reward..lol

Advertisement