Leaflets

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by luc, May 7, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. luc

luc Well-Known Member

I'm going all in for June I want to hit a different area so have hired a company to send out 5000 leaflets for me at £385 including the leaflets I will then follow up with canvassing in July the company I'm using also GPS marks on google maps where the leaflets have been dropped, will help with the canvassing.
    What's your thoughts on price?
    Have any of you had much success with leaflets?
    It's abit of a punt but for that kind of money thought it'd be worth it.
    My wife is also going to drop 2000 leaflets local as well.
    Will keep you all up to date with the results.

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I gave a couple of leaflets a reprieve while out collecting tonight :whistle:

Do you clean as far as Penzance luc? What about St Ives, I bet that's a nightmare for parking?

3. cheapncheerful

not a bad price really of course providing they do actually end up through the letter box..

you should get some jobs here there and everywhere but it does get you off the ground in a new area...and...the best bit....

sooner or later you can always sell on the work and get your money back...cant be bad.:D

I have just stopped a job with the wife where we delivered 1000 magazines every two week and of course...I could drop my cards but...so many of the windows out there are already cleaned....

we have done it for about a year but to be honest..cheapie wants his weekends back...

and besides...theres always someone wanting me these days....and I want to clean my own windows...

4. luc

luc Well-Known Member

All the work I've canvassed so far is on my door step Tuffers but I'm thinking of hitting truro there's more money in that area.
    I know a couple of windys in the st Ives area and there always complaining about parking and then it's like a ghost town in the winter.

5. luc

luc Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking cnc if I can get my money back ill be happy.

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Have you tried Helston?

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#7 boarcity, May 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
    385 for 5000 leaflets delivered is a fantastic price . its been my experience that a gruelling 500 leaflet drop in a town takes 5 hours for one person .

if i was you id monitor the leafletters myself if was you,drive around and observe youv got to make sure the leaflets get dropped right ,especially on the afternoons when skiving is common

i built my round on approx 20000+ leaflets delivered bit by bit by myself +workers over 3 yrs . i printed them myself , doing a batch each year at Xmas time

8. luc

luc Well-Known Member

He comes recommended this is hes website and details about the gps tracking looks good.
    http://jasonaxe.co.uk/leaflet-distribution-faqs/

Good idea about monitoring I might do some random door knocking as well to make sure they got the leaflets.

9. cheapncheerful

me likes that site luc and have kept it...in the past I have used the local papers but....it is hit and miss that gps thing looks really great..:D

I find it fun every now and then to do a drop and see what comes in...but too busy at present.

now how do I get out of that new job booked in for tomorrow when two old jobs have come in since and...to top it all..it looks like its going to pee down from one ish...ahh well me likes an early finish on a friday and....I always put off what I can til next week.:D

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Loads b!tch about parking luc and having been in Truro last week I can understand why, but I have always found with a sign written van, and do bear in mind I am never far from my van that the traffic wardens tend to turn a bit of a blind eye for a while longer than the do some ponce in a new Jag for example.

If you know any windies in Cornwall with a decent round that they want to trade for Nottingham I am open to decent offers! :))

Advertisement