Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Clean By Hand

WCF

Help Support WCF:

They sound decent, I must admit when I place my standoff against the fascia there's always that thought it may move in a way I don't want it to! Just seen one on ebay used for £46 and free postage! Sounds a bargain! Cheers Smurf as always!

Think it's the same chap I got my one from as was used but still in good nick. I wasn't going to pay £150 + for one thats for sure /emoticons/wink.png

I had a stand-off snap on me when up a window, head butted the window and woke up to the owner saying "you ok, you ok" I had slumped over the top!!!

Bloody hell mate you were very lucky indeed. /emoticons/ohmy.png

What make of stand-off snapped on you?

Yeah I make you right, I saw the rrp at over £200 so it's def a bargain at £46, and good if it's the same chap you got yours from

After hearing that Damo I think that's made my mind up on getting the microlite haha! I like to give a close up clean but head butting the Window is a bit to close!

i have ladder limpets and i did manage to get my guttering done at xmas, i had birds going in to the roof from under a hole in the gutter, i had to rely on them limpets. MAN i was terrified, i looked like a rabbit in the headlights. i clung onto each rail for my life, at one point i froze solid. its the fact the ladders could fall anymin that scares me not the height. when ur upstairs it dont look high but soon as ur up a ladder its a diff kettle of fish lol

I would recommend a microlite to anyone also an akalad as combined is a very stable setup to use /emoticons/wink.png

The ankalad also takes the bounce out of the ladder aswell. Also stops the ladder kicking backwards at the bottom even on slippery surfaces and sideways at the top. /emoticons/smile.png

Yeah I make you right, I saw the rrp at over £200 so it's def a bargain at £46, and good if it's the same chap you got yours from
After hearing that Damo I think that's made my mind up on getting the microlite haha! I like to give a close up clean but head butting the Window is a bit to close!

yeh my ladders are like i walk up a fibre glass pole, they bend and flex and thats the scary bit. this ladder stand you got, how do you take it about with you?? is it easy to transport about??

The ankalad (blue outriggers) are bolted to the ladder (seen in the pic) which folds in to the sides of the ladder. The microlite I take off when not being used and is kept it in the van.

They sound decent, I must admit when I place my standoff against the fascia there's always that thought it may move in a way I don't want it to! Just seen one on ebay used for £46 and free postage! Sounds a bargain! Cheers Smurf as always!
hi rayleigh them microlites are very cheap , mine were nicked this week so il have to get one off him ,lucky enough he has 8 for sale.

Bloody hell mate you were very lucky indeed. /emoticons/ohmy.png
What make of stand-off snapped on you?
It was from Wickes.

It shook me up, i had only been cleaning for around 9 months. Customer heard the thump, and came out. I remember stretching up and then bang, head butting the glass !

To be honest I would have taken wickes to the cleaners for selling unsafe stand-off's as might so easily have fallen from the ladder and killed when it snapped on you.

It was from Wickes.
It shook me up, i had only been cleaning for around 9 months. Customer heard the thump, and came out. I remember stretching up and then bang, head butting the glass !

Back