Learning to Window clean

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by BricieFaePilton, Oct 17, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. BricieFaePilton

BricieFaePilton Newcomer

Hi first post. I have been thinking about this for a few months now, what is the best road to learn how to 'traditionally' clean windows commercially? I'm 24 and fancy starting to do this as a job, working outdoors etc - obviously joining a company and doing everything above board.. Licences?

I'd prefer to learn first as a lot of companies will most probably be reluctant in taking on and training an 'old boy' like myself being nearly 25!

Thanks
    Brycie

Advertisement
  2. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

See if you can find a good (well known) windy who might be willing to show you the ropes.

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Why join a company?
    Much better off on your own and not putting the majority of money earnt in someone else's pocket

4. laddergarder

I can usually get someone trained in a few weeks. It's not that big a deal, to be honest I prefer it as I can train them to work exactly the way I want without any preconceptions. If you want to just apply for a job, then I would say apply. If you want to work for yourself, then you can get a wealth of help on here to point you in the right direction.

5. Chris33

Chris33 Forum Addict

Don't do what I done,and learn straight pull downs first! Too much time spent detailing lines too.

Had no one to show me bar vids but learning the proper techniques from the start will save time later I think. Boarcity on here (where is he??) kindly sent me YouTube vids to follow, and you'll learn from such vids small details that work better for you than others or details that suit you less.

I'd say watch three different guys on YouTube all of whom seem like they have slightly different starting points on glass or different techniques (and see what suits you)
    Good luck!

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Or just watch me lol
    Best to learn from the best :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. The tattood one

The tattood one Active Member

Buy the gear n practice...simple...do a few shop windows..a big squegee a lot different than a small one...practice...that how i started...never look back n dont move from your quote

8. seymour sunshine

seymour sunshine Newcomer

IF you've got a few minutes to spare, you could always watch this:

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

If you want to learn be here 8am Monday. Dont be late. And you're buying lunch for the week. :)

10. Den

Den Forum Addict

Good and informative video Green Pro.

Advertisement