Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

back in business!! whoohoo pics inside!

ccservices

been off with window cleaning for a while and trying to gain a round again and got a call from Screwfix asking for there unit to be cleaned...it was very very bad!!

couldnt use the ladders as mentally not up to it after falling off and doing my back in so i WFP it all!!

here is the after pic...

i was a 100% traditional cleaner and i got a little to cocky and the ladder went one way and i went the other, next thing i knew a passer-by woke me up and my back was totally messed up.. upper back was fine it was the lower part i messed up, now i go to the gym a lot to build it up again and only do wfp, i know i can go up a ladder now without any problems but when it comes into practice it seems i have really bad vertigo and get the shakes!! i dont understand it myself!!

Good to hear you're back on your feet ccs. Nothing worse than not being able to work.

I suffered a bad fall 16 years ago that ultimately led to 15 months off work. I landed on my feet but smashed my left ankle to pieces. I was fortunate to only break the one. But it drove me nuts not being able to work.

Fortunately I have three very good mates who divided my work between them and kept it ticking over for me till I was back on my feet.

I made the switch to wfp eight years ago but still had four or five jobs I needed to climb a ladder for till recently. I'm now 100% off ladders and am more than happy to keep it that way.

Best wishes mate

I still enjoy trad but in this day and age there is no need for ladders for just window cleaning

tbh steve i much prefer my feet on the ground..lol

also since going to the gym i have put on a hell of a lot of weight the max wight of my ladder is 95kg and im now 127kg and still growing so thats even more health and safety no no's...lol the bloody thing will collapse on me with my fat ass...lol

Back