Led Lights In My Van

Discussion in 'Tutorials & DIY' started by OoO, Jan 10, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. OoO

OoO Guest

Decided to post a few pictures of LED lighting in the rear part of my van.

I have two strip lights on the roof and one on the right hand side of the van.

I purchased several lengths of LED strip light with the wires all ready connected.

I then purchased some wooden dowel to mount the strip lights too (the strip lights have sticky back plastic on them (lol blue peter)

I then pushed the dowel into a acyclic tube. To finish the lights off, i pushed a blue silicone cap onto each end.I then used black tape to finish the look.

They use around 4W each. Two are wired on a switch and the other one is wired to do a door switcch. They have been aimed downwards as i wear contacts and they hurt my eyes.

As for brightness, judge for yourself.

I would estimate the cost to be around the £25 mark in total for about 8 lights, I have only used 3 so far. You can use any LED strip lights you can find cheap.

The last photo, is my number plate with built in reversing camera :)

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Do you clean windows in the dark? :rolleyes:

3. OoO

OoO Guest

Why what?

4. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

B16 WFP

I like it!

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Do you clean windows in the dark?

6. OoO

OoO Guest

You have edited it from "why" "Do you clean windows in the dark?" and "Do you clean windows in the night"

All the vans come back to base when its dark, they then need filling, trolleys charging up, towels removing etc etc. So that's why.

We also do out of hours cleaning, which was the second reason for fitting them.

7. harunh

harunh Legend

Damo how many vans u got on the road

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

So the factory fitted light in your van is no good then?

9. OoO

OoO Guest

More than 1, that's as far as I want to go. Not because I am big headed or anything like that. I spilled some info on another forum, my competitor got hold of the information and stole work and a worker. Once bitten, twice shy and all that. Sorry, hope you understand.

10. OoO

OoO Guest

The van was fitted with TWO, of these. And that was it, as you open the rear doors, they are to the left and right of the doors. The trolley blocked at least 50% of the light.

Attached Files:

Advertisement