Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do You Charge Full If Cant Get Round Back?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jimbob

as the title really ive got a couple of customers who I text to leave back gates open but there always forgetting so I end up cleaning fronts only im getting annoyed with it now so should I charge them full instead of just for fronts?

ive had a couple of customers in the past that have forgot to leave gates open ive either done the back by climbing over gate (charged em a bit more for ******* about) or if not able to climb over just done the front, know its annoying but u cant really charge em for doing the back if you havent as they could tell people that u dont do a full job and still try to charge full which is not the type of word of mouth u want bud, tbh ive just dropped a couple that always forget and judt replaced them, hope this helps bud

these ones I cant really climb over fence is a bit wobbley and need to get my wfp trolley over to clean above connys etc I wouldn't mind if I just turned up but I txt them they say ok then forget and don't really wanna drop them as there a £15 and £20 house but there slightly out of my way way

oh right well if u txt them and they still never leave the gate open i,ll just try to replace them mate, save yourself the hassle especialy if there a bit out the way

I would charge them in full, and write on the card, that you will be round the next day to do the back.so remember to leave gate open.

If not normally charge them half or over.

yer I think ill have to talk to them when I next go to collect and just tell them il have to charge you full or stop coming and see what they say

I have a flyer typed up, saying:

Date _________ Time Called__________

Hello,

I called today to clean your windows, as per my text/call. I haven’t cleaned any of your windows, as I could not gain access to the back windows due to the side gate locked.

If you would like me to clean your windows please text/ring me and we can arrange another day for your windows to be cleaned.

It works for me.

I just miss them out and tell them to keep it open in future, if it does t work i tell them ill just do ya fronts from now on /emoticons/smile.png

Charge half then add I think 20%?

Lol not good at maths.

Example, £5 would be £2.50 but its not worth doing it for half, so would charge £3

How I do it is when I price it I price so if it's a time when it's fronts only it's %75 of the price

That way your still earning and I find it's working .

The thing with texting its a good idea but they can turn around and say no not this time pleas eetc etc, make excuses, where as if you do fronts then at least they HAVE to pay you lol...

The thing with texting its a good idea but they can turn around and say no not this time pleas eetc etc' date=' make excuses, where as if you do fronts then at least they HAVE to pay you lol...[/quote']I don't get that issue. Texting is a good idea. I have downloaded some pc software called mighty text. It links up to your phone, then you send multiple texts through your pc, Great bit of software. It's free to use too! http://mightytext.net/

The thing with texting its a good idea but they can turn around and say no not this time pleas eetc etc, make excuses, where as if you do fronts then at least they HAVE to pay you lol...
Only happened to me once

Back