Let's Talk Money

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Belfastcleaning, Feb 1, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Had a customer, nice old girl, come out and said, "well it's the new year, let's talk money!"

I laughed, she has said to be loads of times, "let me know when price going up," "you put your prices up yet" "is it still same price".. Anyway, I only charge her £10 but she always give me £12.. It's a big house, not many windows, only 2 tops.. So I said yeah, we will go up to £12 then.. She laughed and said "what you mean put it up to £12" and walked back into the house.. Came out with £14.. Said I always like to give you £2 extra..

If only all customers were like this!

Advertisement
  2. stevelewis

stevelewis Forum Addict

Yeah it would be good if they were all like that, got a couple myself that always gimme a couple quid extra, one is 18 but gives me 20 and the other is 21 but always rounds it off to 25, happy days! i certainly aint gunna argue! lol

3. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

Yes we get this quite often,makes you feel appreciated.
    Had bit of problem with to much money couple of months ago.lady was paying me double £20 so had to have word with daughter as worried she was losing marbles.this went down well coz got daughters home and business and set up standing order.
    The lady still tries to give me cash!

4. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

adys brought up a good point there especially if you deal with sheltered housing get loads of residents trying to give money or belongings be very careful if you feel tempted to accept can become a can of worms

5. Belfastcleaning

Hopefully they will offer me either of their matching his and hers BMW convertibles or the boat.. I won't be saying no!

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Seems very strange to me that someone would actually say that to be honest unless they were losing their marbles

7. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I had a old couple that always gave me £2 extra. Every time I went their they would say now we are not giving you £10 its not enough. I would say yes that's the price no need to give me extra and every time they would. Was a simple bungalow which you could walk right the way around no gates or anything.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

8. Belfastcleaning

Well they are prob in their 70s, I always ask how they are, always have a chat when finished.. They seem mentally stable to me.. Just loaded and can't take their money with them...

People who pay £600 to have a conservatory cleaned.. Now they are loosing something!!

9. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

£600 omfg , im far too cheap lol

10. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

Thinking the same lol

Advertisement