Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Do You Make A Wheelie Bin Washing Trailer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

For those that want to have a go at building a wheelie bin washing trailer like me do any of you chaps on here already built one.

If so could you kindly share some info and pics and how you went about building it also were to get the various parts needed and consumables you use.

Many thanks....

unless you have a lot of experience as a fabricator or metal work i personally wouldnt want the trouble , did you search online for a second hand trailer as ive seen a few on in the past that sell very reasonable , mine was purpose built by freshbins and is a very reliable bit of kit.

i also meant to say it might be worth a test canvas of your area to see is there a demand and also what sort of prices are the competition charging as ive read on forums that theres companys in the uk charging as little as 1.50 per bin , now ive seen some companys getting 3.50 to 4 quid a bin pending the area your in

Thanks mr shine but I don't want to speed thousands on a wheelie bin trailer so thought I would have a go a making one myself.

You know how I price my services so will defo not be competing with numpties like that... :laugh:

Just want to have a play really to offer it to my exsisting customer base so not really that interested if it takes off or not.

i also meant to say it might be worth a test canvas of your area to see is there a demand and also what sort of prices are the competition charging as ive read on forums that theres companys in the uk charging as little as 1.50 per bin , now ive seen some companys getting 3.50 to 4 quid a bin pending the area your in

Smurf I dont know about how to build one matey, but via a friend who has wheelie bin people as customers, might be able to offer some advice......... let me know. Smurf, you would have to take in account what days the councils empty the bins, then theirs disposal of chemicals etc, but you prob know all this...

Thanks Catherine as might be worth a shot if you would like to invite them to join in on this discussion.

Thanks mr shine but I don't want to speed thousands on a wheelie bin trailer so thought I would have a go a making one myself.
i understand what your saying smurf ,remember theres a fair bit involved , a strong enough trailer , a good washer , a tank and filtering system , and lifting equipment for the bins so bear in mind these bits will cost a few grand

Its quite a big industry Smurf, I expect there to be a few rules and regulations, disposal of chemicals etc, have a look at VIP bins franchise. If you pm me your email, I can ask one of my friends customers to mail you?

You may also have to get permission off the council, as Catherine stated theres chemical disposal involved.

I think bin cleaning wud b a headache cos u gotta follow the binmen around... What if your busy that day ? What if binmen empty a bin and people fill it up asap again while ur cleaning a bin down the street , itseems pretty confusin but u gotta b very organised i guess

Bin cleaning is a very sep business, I dont think it can be incorporated into Window Cleaning, I know that my friend looks after 2000 customers for one client......

I think bin cleaning wud b a headache cos u gotta follow the binmen around... What if your busy that day ? What if binmen empty a bin and people fill it up asap again while ur cleaning a bin down the street , itseems pretty confusin but u gotta b very organised i guess
you dont have to follow the lorry around ,your customers know the day the bin is been cleaned so they leave it out , also it can be incorporated with window cleaning as im doing both for the last 3 years ,its all about been organised

Totally right Mr Shine "being organised" Also dependent on the amount of customers you have, whether its primary or secondary

I have noticed the bin cleaners have stopped coming around my street.. If I can remember correctly they wanted paid in blocks of 4? And had an offer if you got all 3 bins done.. And also think it was £3 per bin ish?

I clean 32 houses in my street and know everyone quite well, so was thinking of asking to see if I could get anyone.. I would just pull all the bins over to my house and do them in the front garden!!

Would be a easy 1 as bin men usually here around 8 so could go back to the windows after..

- I did have a customer from a different area tell me the bin men have stopped emptying the bins if they have had bags put in by the cleaners?

If you are charging money to wash bins then you still need to comply with the regs I would have thought even if doing it on your own property.

I have noticed the bin cleaners have stopped coming around my street.. If I can remember correctly they wanted paid in blocks of 4? And had an offer if you got all 3 bins done.. And also think it was £3 per bin ish?

I clean 32 houses in my street and know everyone quite well, so was thinking of asking to see if I could get anyone.. I would just pull all the bins over to my house and do them in the front garden!!

Would be a easy 1 as bin men usually here around 8 so could go back to the windows after..

- I did have a customer from a different area tell me the bin men have stopped emptying the bins if they have had bags put in by the cleaners?

Latest Posts

Back