Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quick post to say Hi!

Hi,

I have lurked on the Forum for over 2 years now, after discovering it via Mark Munro’s YouTube vids.

Thought now was a good time to drop an intro as my interest in window cleaning looks like becoming a reality. I hope to go the WFP route, but want to be confident and well practiced in Trad first.

At the moment I survive by doing a few gardening jobs between finding the odd temporary Security job.

Just want to add a big thank-you to all those who have shared tips, info, and my favourite – the before and after pics.

You all rock! :thumbsup: , thanks guy's - Nigel.

hi and welcome to the friendly windowcleaning forum nigel...

look forward to hearing about your new venture into the windowcleaning world../emoticons/biggrin.png

Welcome @NWP Cleaning Services :thumbsup: Are you still going to take on gardening jobs, or concentrate 100% on wc?

Gardening sounds good, but I use the word loosely as the in reality it’s about 70% hedge cutting, 20% grass cutting, 10% weeding, pruning, tree lopping (which I only do if it’s light branch removal, I’m no tree surgeon, and with my luck the tree would disease-up if I cut anything too major off).

Oh –and I f*****g hate hedge cutting!

In answer – at the moment I will have to try and mix the window cleaning into gardening, selling the service as an add-on to customers I already have. Having put the word out – there are a few takers.

Long term I would like to do windows as the main service and will think about bolt-on services later.

But It’s early days yet.

He must be happy, he must be happy in his work.
I was a bit slow I'm afraid, but did get your pop culture reference eventually :thumbsup:

Today is day four of spending about an hour a with my 10" squeegee going over and over the windows around my bungalow. I'm sure the neighbours think I've lost the plot or have OCD.

It's very good to be seen working, take your time and make lots of noise! Have a notebook and pen handy to write down details of any enquires :thumbsup:

Just a quick update:

After a good few hours of practice and YouTube watching I finally got past the straight-pull method in trad and started to look more like a bona fide windy without having to take the squeegee off glass during soap removal.

I did manage to get four of the people I do gardening for to add a monthly clean and I have done them for this month. But at this stage I am still only semi self employed, so happy at moment that the start has been made – even if it is small.

I’m using the extra cash at moment to increase equipment as I go, and have purchased a belt, pouch, and a bucket on belt. Oh – and another tip-off I noticed on this forum about the WILKO microfiber cloths led me to raid their shelves.

Still have the dream and aim to go WFP as I’m not good with ladders. I use them fine with hedge cutting, but I was born clumsy and with bad balance.

Just a quick update:
After a good few hours of practice and YouTube watching I finally got past the straight-pull method in trad.
Seriously? 'Straight Pull Method?' I only just mastered moping and blading at the same time and now there's a 'Straight Pull' I will have to master as well??

DOES IT NEVER END? And I thought a Liquidator would solve all my issues by doing it all for me! /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/smile.png)/emoticons/tongue.png

Back