Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any way/Thing to attach my tap to pole?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

Hi guys

Have an slx and gardiner flow valve attached to pole hose I'm not keen on holding the hose to use tap is there anything I can buy or do to attach it to the pole so don't need to hold the hose etc? Appreciate advice , thanks

Paul

Hi guys
Have an slx and gardiner flow valve attached to pole hose I'm not keen on holding the hose to use tap is there anything I can buy or do to attach it to the pole so don't need to hold the hose etc? Appreciate advice , thanks

Paul
What pole hose are you using? Buy PU hose like this http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hoses/orange-pu-hot-water-pole-hose-5mm-8mm-id-od-100m.html you can kink the hose to stop the flow and reach for the tap while it's kinked to turn the water off. After a while you will learn to bring the pole down with hose kinked, turn the tap off or keep it kinked and extend it again. That's what I do.

kinky tuffers /emoticons/biggrin.png

I use the same kink method but have the pole hose on the outside of my poles.

Some like to have the tap on their belt which would be easy to do a diy jobby or you can buy a tap on the belt type holster too.

You could fit either an aqua tap to the top of the pole or a aquatapter both turn the water on and off ... Both can be fitted to your slx pole

I think it's a small tap , I'm guessing it wouldn't add much weight but it would waste water .. Maybe that's why windies use 600 litres a day . Water on all the time

I only turn the water on using the pinch/kink method when I need it at each window. I also can turn the water off easaly on the same window if need be to wipe excess water off frames & sills with no added weight to the top of the pole unlike using the likes of aquadapers or aquataps.

Get one of these from cleaning spot, it's light, tried a mates aqua tap didn't like the fact you had to put the brush on a window to turn it off, also my mates had aquadapters and he said he doesn't like them sometimes they don't turn on and off, weight at the top of the pole is a no no for me.

View attachment 4617

Last edited by a moderator:
I found anything you stick on the bottom section of a pole be it a trigger or tap creates an annoying loop of pole hose. The only one that don't but needs the pole hose to run on the outside of the pole is an unger hi-flow trigger thing but that I found was **** too.

[media]

[/media]

Using the simple pinch/kink pole hose method and having the pole hose on the outside of a pole works well for me.

Reasons are as follows

1. No annoying hose loops at the bottom end of the pole if using a trigger or tap attached to the pole.

2. No added weight on the top of the pole if unlike using aquadapter or aquatap

3. No moving parts to break or fail

4. No snagging of parts be it a tap, trigger etc when wanting to store or take out poles

5. No need to have a pole hose or brush for every pole as can be fitted in seconds using Quick loQ and push fit pole hose connectors.

6. No need to carry lots of different size poles as sections can be added or removed quickly and easily.

I've also found handy being able to remove the brush and hose quickly a wfp also has a multitude of uses too like:

Guttering & roof inspection telescopic camera pole

Trad pole

Internal cleaning pole

Gutter clearing by hand using the likes of progutter tools

Guttervac pole for awkward areas by simply attaching a vacuum hose to it.

Downspout unblocking & guttering flushing pole by simply attaching a garden hose cone nozzle to the end of the pole

To list a few..../emoticons/biggrin.png

I use a pole hose tap from Gardiners. I made a hook out of a wire coat hanger and attatch it to my belt. The loop of hose is a pain but nothings perfect

Tie the hose to the end of pole with cable ties
I tried that a few years back. It was a PITA!

IMAG0185_zps94518eed.jpg

Pic won't upload.

Back