Lines with liquidator

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by mark2788, Jul 16, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark2788

mark2788 Active Member

I've been using a 10" liquidator for the past week or two, its a great squeegee but I was having problems with drag marks but fixed it with the angle of my hand but I'm still getting a few lines as I turn my squeegee, as I fan it's along the top of the turn one single line, with a new blade its OK for a few windows but then creeps in, I know it must be me as the videos I've watched are fine but I'm wondering how else to gix it please??

Advertisement
  2. Posh

Posh Hero

Practise & practise

3. mark2788

mark2788 Active Member

I am and will keep going just wondered if there were any tips that would help me along quicker

4. mark m

mark m Hero

I found it works lovely with razor rubber in it

5. Eric Gilliand

Eric Gilliand Well-Known Member

what rubber Mark? I find you have to be really pedantic with cutting and positioning the rubber. Had your issue whilst using Razer Red. Switched out to Ettore and the issue has all but disappeared. Shame really because the Facelift stuff lasts forever.

6. Jake

Jake Grand Master

7. Eric Gilliand

Eric Gilliand Well-Known Member

Yep that's what I use in my wags and also my wag/liquidators. great rubber. Fixed handle 14 liquidator I do prefer the Ettore rubber. Really smooth glide and control.

8. keefo

keefo Well-Known Member

I get them Mark, I've used it in different positions/Angles, different rubbers and washing liquid but still get arched lines. Sometimes it's not too bad but then on other windows it's all the way down. As I've mentioned on another thread about the liquidator and on video these lines are mainly visible when the sun is rising or setting. I've been told my technique is good by windies here and on you tube so I'm at a loss.

9. mark2788

mark2788 Active Member

I use unger soft, always have done, might consider trying another one, its not every time but I don't want it at all! I think I just need to keep going and I'm sure something will click, anymore feedback is great though :)

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

try to have a soapy mix

Advertisement