Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Size?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

joe34

Hi,i've got a Vauxhal combo van and was just wondering whats the biggest tank (system) i could put in the back?

depends what one you have, payload is either 550kg or 595kg

aslo depends what equipment you carry, ladders etc,

if you are just water fed pole, no ladders you could get away with a 300-350lt tank tops

i was going to say 300L. dont ever risk going over weight coz they catch you they will chuck the book at ya mate. i did in my berlingo a few yrs ago. i had 500L in my van and water barrels aswell. was stupid and dangerous of me.

Hi,i've got a Vauxhal combo van and was just wondering whats the biggest tank (system) i could put in the back?
Need the year of the van bud and we can go from there, should be able to help you out.

OW ok need the engine size then bud, i am assuming its the older shape?

The changed the same in 2010! LOL!

300L will do a fairly good day,

Depending on engine size, payloads go all the way up to 800kg

Here is a picture, prob easier!

View attachment 1248

Need the year of the van bud and we can go from there, should be able to help you out.
Ignore RC he's probably getting confused with another van /emoticons/wink.png
no wasnt getting confused with another van, that was the first 2 payloads i saw,!

no wasnt getting confused with another van, that was the first 2 payloads i saw,!
I did remove that part, as you may have guessed right.

But if you told him it was 595kg he could base his system on your advice. When in fact he may have an 800kg payload!

with payloads do you count the weight of the drivers and passengers? or just the weight you can put in the back?

with payloads do you count the weight of the drivers and passengers? or just the weight you can put in the back?
payload is total weight you add to van.

So passengers, drivers, fuel and anything else you add has to be added.

A manufacture cannot allow for people like me (fat and over weight!)

with payloads i believe that you have to count, driver, passanger, fuel, roof rack,

OW ok need the engine size then bud, i am assuming its the older shape?
The changed the same in 2010! LOL!

300L will do a fairly good day,

Depending on engine size, payloads go all the way up to 800kg

Here is a picture, prob easier!
Cheers pal,i've just had a look mine is a 1.3 cdti 16 v ,it says 595kg so not to much

Cheers pal,i've just had a look mine is a 1.3 cdti 16 v ,it says 595kg so not to much
You need to have a look at the log book as well to make sure you are a 100% correct. now look for 1700 or 2000 on logbook !

I am on a diet mate, but i went for the 785kg payload. Not that i would go near than anyway lol! Its ok with 350L thank you very much hahaha

Yeah it's 1700
Bummer means 595kg!

So with a 300L tank and frame (300kg Water - 15kg frame - 25kg tank) = 340kg

595kg - 340kg = 255kg spare.

Allowing for the next step (you and fuel) I will put your weight at 95kg (15 stone and say half a tank of fuel 30kg

255kg - 95kg - 30kg = 130kg spare

so with your 130kg spare you need to look at. Poles/ladders/cones/roof rack/pump/battery/trolley/hose reel etc.

If it was me (i have a combo)

I would look at a 350L or 400L tank BUT dont fill it to the top!

Trying to get exactly 300L will be a pain, at least with a 400 tank you have a 100L spare incase you over fill. You couldnt really run with 400L as prob be overweight!

Bummer means 595kg!
So with a 300L tank and frame (300kg Water - 15kg frame - 25kg tank) = 340kg

595kg - 340kg = 255kg spare.

Allowing for the next step (you and fuel) I will put your weight at 95kg (15 stone and say half a tank of fuel 30kg

255kg - 95kg - 30kg = 130kg spare

so with your 130kg spare you need to look at. Poles/ladders/cones/roof rack/pump/battery/trolley/hose reel etc.

If it was me (i have a combo)

I would look at a 350L or 400L tank BUT dont fill it to the top!

Trying to get exactly 300L will be a pain, at least with a 400 tank you have a 100L spare incase you over fill. You couldnt really run with 400L as prob be overweight!
Cheers for looking into that for me ,not sure but i might have to get a bigger van ..shame as i love that van it's got nice alloys on it looks really good,what system have you got in your van? how much did it cost?is it good?

I made my system my self mate. I dont get people who "buy systems"

basically a 350 layflat tank in the van with a cage. Shurflo pump, hose reel. i also have a trolley system on board. it all took planning but all fits a treat. Had many compliments on the inside!

I have ply lined it (another weight add on) waterproofed floor and done loads of other little mods lol. LED lighting the lot!

its a great van for window cleaning mate. My van is the 1.3cdti and with 350Litres and all my other gear (680ish payload in total) it wizzes along lol!!!! I really mean that, it will bomb along at 90 (if you wanted lol) and never struggles with hills etc!

Back