Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What dim shite paints white upvc windows frames & sills white

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

Apparently not the customer I was at today as even the rubbers seals were painted white too... WTF :confused:

When I mentioned this to the lady said she never noticed when buying the house but then went on to say they even painted the inside frames and rubber seal white too. FFS /emoticons/biggrin.png

Anyhow whilst clearing the guttering I also noticed it was grey inside and the outside had been painted first red the black on top of it too.

Someone like painting methinks so must be tolish @Tuffers :rofl:

At least they did not paint the ******* stone garden wall & crazy paving which was a relief I can tell you as they must have run out paint /emoticons/biggrin.png

Must've been my sidekick Bob. He's a bit like frank except he means to do the stuff he does, anything for a buck.:whistle:

Now the windows, that is a joke, WTF! But I have had to paint guttering, downpipes, soilpipes a few times. Not as bad as you may think. So long as you treat it like any other painting and prep it well it can come up mint. Its the homeowner that asks for it, usually when they are trying to save on a plumber/materials. Truth be told its probably not much of a savingby the time I've quoted. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Apparently not the customer I was at today as even the rubbers seals were painted white too... WTF :confused:
When I mentioned this to the lady said she never noticed when buying the house but then went on to say they even painted the inside frames and rubber seal white too. FFS /emoticons/biggrin.png
People do all sorts of bodges when trying to sell a house. They know you only have a few minutes to look round so you probably won't notice.

That is a first for me to see white gloss paint on upvc frames, sills and rubber seals though.

The woman apperently spent weeks getting the paint off the inside windows.

That is a first for me to see white gloss paint on upvc frames, sills and rubber seals though.
The woman apperently spent weeks getting the paint off the inside windows.
I must say thats a new one on me too. It just sounds like a bodge to me though, done by the previous owner to brighten things up. The paint was probably still wet while she was viewing the house.

Looks that way as it seems frank can put his hand to anything. Mind you could have been tolish sidekick bob.

Back