Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatorys arhhg! Advice needed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Did a conny roof this morning. Lady told me the last guy just stopped doing them. When I did them I thought, 'Yeah, I know why.' Awful job! One of these ones with the ridge parallel to the house and the glass roof behind it that's angled backwards towards the house. I'd rather crack on with windows any day.

Well what a pleasant surprise.

Inside and out conny with a glass roof completed in 2 hours!

Wasn't much at all to do on it. Result.

It's an Lsd think I paid around £500 for it, a tip if your thinking of getting one make sure it has a kneeling pad, impossible to work up there without one.

What Connie ladder do you have and what kind of money are they?

Did a conny roof this morning. Lady told me the last guy just stopped doing them. When I did them I thought, 'Yeah, I know why.' Awful job! One of these ones with the ridge parallel to the house and the glass roof behind it that's angled backwards towards the house. I'd rather crack on with windows any day.
I have had to turn down a couple or extra big roofs like this as I couldnt reach middle from the sides, think the only way to reach them is a connie ladder maybe?

they're a pain. Last one I had was joined to a new flat roof extension so was ok, I always add a few quid on for them

Give it a huge rinse with tap water before you start. Scrub roof clean then rinse of with tap water giving it another major rinse. Finish off sides then good to go over the roof with pure.. it's in the prep matey

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Difficult and tiring work that customers often don't reckon is as much work as it is.

1. Definitely have a outside tap connection to your brush and do final rinse with pure.

2. Careful with the apex finnials, there easy to break.

3. Lower client expectations a bit. It's will be miles better but not perfect I say. If it is perfect happy days!

4. Get a aquavac for difficult gutter clearing sections. Extend the hose so vac stays on the ground.

5. Like the advice given to clean outside of gutters before final rinse on the posts made.

6. Like the advice to angle brush towards you on final rinse (or all the time actually)

7. Like the tip about blading with pole after the final rinse.

Lastly, almost anyone can clean a window given long enough, but very, very, few people can successfully clean a conny roof. Up your rates and add a little. I reckon £30 ph generally and £40 for conny roofs (in south London). £60 is a minimum for the easiest sit up and beg jobs.

Lastly, almost anyone can clean a window given long enough, but very, very, few people can successfully clean a conny roof.

Its not that difficult to clean a conny roof, its hard work and awkward but not difficult.

Hi I've cleaned 2 conservatives so far and I can never get the roofs right.
Both had glass roofs and to be honest I wasn't happy with either of them.

I've been using wfp to clean them and I'm starting to think it may be my method or the wrong method all together.

I scrubbed the roof and rinsed and rinsed and rinsed always bits of dirt Ive been thinking of getting a spray jet and running the pure water through it.

What am I doing wrong it's right ******* me off.

All adviced much appreciated.

How would you clean a glass roof.
If you point the brush forward it will flush all the muck out what i do is point the brush down and brush glass it pays to have a short pole long as you can reach and then rinse the frames can be hard to clean and the crest at top of con roof again point brush and gently clean

I used to struggle with them but now have it sussed

What used to take an hour and a half for a glass roof i csn now do in 30 minutes

It's all about the right chems and then using xjet to hose it off before a quick rinse with wfp with pure

Looking into setting up a small tank to do the final rinse with pure and xjet type setup with a big lpm pump and not wfp to rinse

This was done last autumn in about 1 hour start to finish and only about 5 minutes spent using my wfp

Screenshot_20170429-200344.png

Just bought a conny roof ladder, I always thought I did a good job with wfp and Ubik but with one of these you can really make a pristine job.Few negatives, they are expensive for what you get, there time consuming setting up and the job does take slightly longer.

The positives. The finish is far better, customers are very impressed, and more importantly you can charge far more and people are willing to pay.

I'm increasing prices on each new one that comes in and haven't hit any objections yet.
Did you not find the padded ladder braces marking (white ) conny struts?

I paid approx £500 for conny ladder and it did just that, annoyingly.

Other than this problem job and price were great.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Did you not find the padded ladder braces marking (white ) conny struts?I paid approx £500 for conny ladder and it did just that, annoyingly.

Other than this problem job and price were great.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I hired a conny ladder for a job, can't remeber why I hired it now come to think of it, but I also found that the rubber pads left black marks on the struts. Ballache of a thing to use as well.

It's only happene once to me, it was raining on the day and braces marked every strut, it was a really bad roof as well so had lots of Ubik on it which I'm sure contributed to the problem

Just bought a conny roof ladder, I always thought I did a good job with wfp and Ubik but with one of these you can really make a pristine job.Few negatives, they are expensive for what you get, there time consuming setting up and the job does take slightly longer.

The positives. The finish is far better, customers are very impressed, and more importantly you can charge far more and people are willing to pay.

I'm increasing prices on each new one that comes in and haven't hit any objections yet.

I as well use conny ladders and access platforms to work off on conny cleans. My price start at £200 standard 5m wide conny. Get around 80% I quote. People will pay if you have invested in right gear plus if you sell it as a valet not a standard "clean". Know cheeky but what do you roughly price.

Back