Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

who else goes to the gym?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
Does anyone else here go to the gym on a work day?

I started again a few weeks ago now and am finding i have more energy than when i stopped even though i am doing more each day now

I do different every day but go at least 5 days a week

Whatever i do i also get on the boxing equipment daily

I train like a fighter so no such thing as overtraining

I have a load of weights, pullup and dip frame in my garden. I used to be big into fitness throughout my youth and was a gym instructor/personal trainer. But I injured my shoulder a few years back and struggled with tendonitis problems ever since. Its been a slow recovery but its starting to come back strong now.

until 18 mths ago i was in the gym by 6.30am mon,wed, fri then i fell in love :love: lmfao n its tapered off i havent been since we moved in together 9 mths ago & i feel like a happy saggy bag of ****, but i like my mornings much better now, just in the process of finding somewhere we can train together at night now cos i really believe training keeps you younger

Yep 5-6 days a week. Fully qualified personal training and works in gyms up until the day I took on full time window cleaning. It's still my passion and love it even more because the window cleaning means I eat when I want and train when I want. Both gel together amazing as the gym keeps me energetic and strong to keep up with physical gym. Not to mention the body that comes with it I often get whistles and comments from the women while working in summer months especially summer when it's shorts and vest time! Blowing my own trumpet here! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Have a home gym, power rack, leg press, maybe 1100kg of Olympic weights etc etc.

Was going to start doing amateur strongman this year but my left knee is now completely shagged and been unable to lift for about 8 months now /emoticons/sad.png

What sort of routines are all of you using? I've done full body routines a long time and could do with some ideas to switch it up a bit.

Body splits really, chest day, back day leg day, shoulders day, every 6 weeks or so switch it up. Maybe mix shoulder and arms day or do chest triceps with back biceps or do a push day for chest shoulders triceps and a pull day for back biceps traps. And always do a leg day!!!

Cheers mate, I think thats the way to go for now. I'm going to start tonight on a push/pull/legs split. Legs are a bit limited to deadlifts only at the moment, but I'm going to add in dumbbell lunges to the mix, my power racks in storage, so I've got nothing to squat from..

I have a load of weights, pullup and dip frame in my garden. I used to be big into fitness throughout my youth and was a gym instructor/personal trainer. But I injured my shoulder a few years back and struggled with tendonitis problems ever since. Its been a slow recovery but its starting to come back strong now.
What did you do to it?

I did my rotator cuff a few years ago amd still have issues sometimes when doing lat pull downs or presses etc

What sort of routines are all of you using? I've done full body routines a long time and could do with some ideas to switch it up a bit.
I change it up all the time

Don't ever do the same thing twice in a row

Sometimes i even go just bodyweight excercises/ calisthenics

But i an not going for size

I am strong and getting lean again which is what i want

Utube a guy called frank medrano

That is the ultimate build imo

Not huge but bloody strong

Does dips with double his bodyweight hanging from him

10x10 any way you can get it done is a good change up for me

I start off ok but by the 7th or 8th set i am about to die

It was a lot of factors mate, bad posture, plastering, muay thai, benching. It caused the shoulders to pull forward which caused inflammation. I ignored it an then after a while Icouldnt even lift my hand to chest height. I woke up in pain every day for about 18 months, it was a fkin nightmare to be honest.

Ouch

I tore rotator cuff lifting badly (not at gym but helping someone with building work)

Was just over 50% deep

Had a choice of surgery (cutting muscle off bone and repairing it.. then screwing anchors into the bone for the muscle to attach itself back on to)

Or 2 years recovering naturally

I chose the 2 years

Still not 100% after 8 years

Just been to the gym

Hardcore full body workout (gonna lose half a stone in next 2 weeks with minimal cardio..mostly resistance training)

Then get home and have a beer and home made rhubarb crumble from the allotment

Not gonna lose it like that am i

Yep..i am very good at gym nutrition

I love it when people moan about not doing cardio means i wont lose weight

I proved it when i was younger

Lose weight and gain muscle at the same time as your metabolism is up high for the next 24hrs after a proper hardcore session

Nothing against cardio as i used to run a lot also but i have to be in the mood for that

Latest Posts

Back