Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What do you do with your tips

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Posh

I always get something towards my business so I know I ain't wasted them.

I've bought big boy backpack & pole. An ro system. Telescopic ladder & last year a new ladder.

At least I know I ain't blown it up the wall. Got somet to show for it.

What do you do with yours?

To be fair I rarely get window cleaning tips, though I do get the odd £12 house say keep the change when they give £15 or something, but as most of my window customers pay BACS doesn't happen often, on the pressure washing side of things though I would say I get a tip maybe 50% of the time? quite regular.

To be fair I rarely get window cleaning tips, though I do get the odd £12 house say keep the change when they give £15 or something, but as most of my window customers pay BACS doesn't happen often, on the pressure washing side of things though I would say I get a tip maybe 50% of the time? quite regular.
This thread has actually raised some serious questions for me. I have always priced on the expensive side. I like to think my level of service and the quality of the clean is worth it, but I feel the price is the reason I rarely get any tips. I have a few people that tip me regularly, but their houses are ones I consider underpriced anyway and luckily the tip brings it up a bit. Because of the tip its very unlikely I'm going to up the price for them any time soon as it seems a bit ungrateful. I get on very well with all of my long standing customers,always time for a chat, polite etc. AnyoneI don't like is disposed of quickly, no time for idiots. Thinking to when I give tips, I usually do it when I feel they are underpricing thier services, for example the guy that does my website recently did a few little up dates for me and tried to charge me a tenner, I gave him £20 instead, still think that was cheap,but at least it was double what he asked for.

This thread has actually raised some serious questions for me. I have always priced on the expensive side. I like to think my level of service and the quality of the clean is worth it, but I feel the price is the reason I rarely get any tips. I have a few people that tip me regularly, but their houses are ones I consider underpriced anyway and luckily the tip brings it up a bit. Because of the tip its very unlikely I'm going to up the price for them any time soon as it seems a bit ungrateful. I get on very well with all of my long standing customers,always time for a chat, polite etc. AnyoneI don't like is disposed of quickly, no time for idiots. Thinking to when I give tips, I usually do it when I feel they are underpricing thier services, for example the guy that does my website recently did a few little up dates for me and tried to charge me a tenner, I gave him £20 instead, still think that was cheap,but at least it was double what he asked for.
I tip when I feel someone did a good job /emoticons/tongue.png:p:p:iaminnocent:

I tip when I feel someone did a good job /emoticons/tongue.png:p:p:iaminnocent:
No no no, you do it because of social pressure and forces of American culture penetrating our lives./emoticons/biggrin.png

My plan was to keep the tips in a separate jar and treat the kids at the end of the year but seeing that I'm only running for 3 months that will need to wait a bit

Latest Posts

Back