Liquidator fail

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by C Rose Cleaning Services, Sep 5, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

?

How do you feel about Moerman build quality

1. Excellent, never had a problem

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Have had issues

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. C Rose Cleaning Services

Had a Moerman Liquidator with FLI*Q for 5 days and the handle now wobbles/moves with the slightest of movements even when the screw is as tight as it will physically go. And I've already had to flip the rubber over because the front side is knackered too.

Anyone else had problems with these as the idea of it is brilliant and I love having only one tool but the build quality seems a bit, well **** to me and I'm now hoping WCW will exchange it for me. Disappointing.

Advertisement
  2. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

Which handle? If its the swivel im guessing you mean the screw to stop it moving, if so it happened to mine, tbh they are a let down on robustness, love the feel tho so superglued it. Im holding out in the fliq until the excelerator come out

3. C Rose Cleaning Services

Yeah the swivel. I don't like using it at an angle and on a pole the fliq is useless as it just falls down. Might have a look for a solid handle instead of trying to lock mine out. 5 days before breaking is shocking.

4. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

Mine lasted about 8 weeks. The bi component handles good tho

5. Nick pegler DWC

Nick pegler DWC Active Member

same thing happened with combinator handle and channel slips a bit they are good tools only for the money should be better ..

6. Eric Gilliand

Eric Gilliand Well-Known Member

The swivel on the black handle is a waste of time. I took the bolt out and epoxied it fixed. I also wanted a 25° handle so released the angle change and glued and epoxied it set at 25... My favourite fixed handle for 18" Liquidator. If you're using Fliq on a fixed handle then top mount it and use straight pulls. Yes rubber edges wear quicker depending on frames. Use Razer Red, Moerman Hard or Black Diamond hard. They all have better longevity. By the by this isn't just Liquidator. Ends wear quicker on any dog eared channel. If you want a pivoting squeegee with washer? Wait on Excelerator and Fliq. I've been testing for almost two months now and I love it...

Attached Files:

7. C Rose Cleaning Services

I use razer red already so I've got another load of that coming this week so I'll stick that in it instead.

Tbh I didn't want a swivel head at all, just they bundled that with the liquidator and fliq so I didn't have a choice. I'll await their response and order a solid handle instead if I can then I shouldn't have any issues. Excellator does look awesome though so I'll keep an eye out when they release.

This is just the first time I've gone to Moerman and it's a bit disappointing for my first purchase to be poorly made.

8. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

Its the only flawed product they have, all my gear is moerman and the rest is spot on

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have had no issues with them since the liquidators were first released
    One of my handles was a bit loose so i glued it as i don't use the swivel but apart from that all is fine
    I am using 6 different sizes all in the swivel handles in my day to day work
    Using razr red i won't change my rubber for at least 2 months as it lasts so long
    I am using moerman soft at the moment but it still lasts ages as when my longest rubber wears it then goes in the next smaller channel i have and trim the ends and so on so i can use the same rubber on 6 channels before it is binned

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

The rubbers also seem to work better after a while as long as the ends are ok
    The sharp edge becomes a bit blunter which seems to work better

Advertisement