liquidator&fine lines

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by mark, Aug 5, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark

mark Forum Addict

no matter what rubber I put in the channel I get very fine swirl marks at the tips.i cut with a very sharp blade.any help thanx.

Advertisement
  2. mark2788

mark2788 Active Member

I'm having the same problem, I've tried moving handle away from the window, lighter touch, heavier touch, everything that YouTube has said and still never perfect consistently, I've just tried razr red in and it's even worse!! I'm thinking I might mod it a little because when it works fine it's brilliant, I want it to work so bad lol

3. mark

mark Forum Addict

ive tried razr red ,& others still leaves fine lines.in high sun, when we get it. its awful.even ordered a spare channel for spare end clips,still the same.& yet its still perfect 4 no detailing apart from the swirl marks?

4. mark2788

mark2788 Active Member

Yh edges are great and sometimes no lines when I lift handle away from the window quite a bit, but always arched lines, really considering bending the clips back slightly

5. mark

mark Forum Addict

6. mark

mark Forum Addict

tbh I wouldn't mess with the end clips.they are there 4 that reason.less detailing.which it does.just the swirl marks?

7. mark2788

mark2788 Active Member

I'm not going to straight away but I really don't know what else to try

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

Are you using the moerman soft rubber /? i swear by this rubber and at end of the day its what the channel is desgned to use

i always cut the rubber leaving some small seca.jpg overhang past the tips, i use an anvil type secateur to get a perfect cut

9. mark2788

mark2788 Active Member

Trying razr because of the recommendations on hereby it's not good at all atm but fine in a normal channel

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#10 boarcity, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2015
    iv been using moerman rubber at least 2 yrs . i got into it after trying to find a budget rubber that would suit everyone in my small crew of workers . in that time since iv not once bought a duff batch, whereas prior i had so-so rubber experience of other makes,

watch out if you buy precut rubbers cos any old tom dicc or harvey might carelessly let it rub on summat when cutting it to size[ruining the edge] ,instead i recommend you buy it in the big multi pack [10 lengths each of 42 inches] , its cheaper to buy that way but More important its sealed in the packet straight from the factory

Advertisement