Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

owning up or not

A door frame I have to get through has quadrant as a door stop. I heard a crunch last time I carried my ladder through and two inch a piece of broken quad was lying on the path. I managed to cobble it back in, if the customer says anything I will say I have no recollection of damaging it but will offer to repair it for free as a goodwill gesture (and then put his price up).

I had to fish a solar light out of a customers pond yesterday that i knocked in with my hose

Stuck it back where it was

"Wasn't me fella..honest"

photo hosting

I owned up after my hose destroyed this solar light. (Not me you understand,...my hose did it!) The guy joked that I should destroy a few more as he hated them, but his wife thinks they are 'pretty'.

Go to a B&M Home Bargains get a box of 50 solar lights for peanuts then you can destroy them at will! I often feel like pulling them all up and putting them in a tidy pie at the side of the customers door /emoticons/smile.png) Most evil thing ever to grace the world of window cleaning!!

Go to a B&M Home Bargains get a box of 50 solar lights for peanuts then you can destroy them at will! I often feel like pulling them all up and putting them in a tidy pie at the side of the customers door /emoticons/smile.png) Most evil thing ever to grace the world of window cleaning!!
Except for dog poo

Dog poo is one thing i dislike..however cat poo is the work of the devil..evil stuff

Another pet hate of mine, be interesting to know if this is a nationwide problem, alot of my customers seems to like putting all there crappy hoselock fittings along the nearest window ledge to the outside tap, small issue but something that annoys me when I'm on a roll, one the other day must of had about 7 different types all lined up!

Another pet hate of mine, be interesting to know if this is a nationwide problem, alot of my customers seems to like putting all there crappy hoselock fittings along the nearest window ledge to the outside tap, small issue but something that annoys me when I'm on a roll, one the other day must of had about 7 different types all lined up!
LMAO, I get that a lot too.

Chuck em on the ground...... Or take em home to put with the ever growing collection in the shed. Along with the broken nomes and solar lights

Had a lovely chat with a new customer. She had just bought some expensive new solar panels lights. She joked and said don't you break them.

Last window and I forgot. Booted it half way down the street and it smashed to pieces.

Knocked on door and told he I would replace it and she didn't believe me. Gave her back the broken bits and she laughed.

I had to give the the clean free. £15 solar panel light and house was £14!!!!

I now put.

"No solar panel lights were harmed in the cleaning of your windows" she laughs every time lol.

To be fair they are stuck exactly where you would walk while looking upwards doing the top windows there

Yes solar lights are another pain in the rectum! Only yesterday while on a first clean dodging the mounds of dog poop down the side path I heard a big crunch, thought must be a snail or somet, looked down only crushed to a pulp a cheap crappy solar light! Stuffed all the bits in a plant pot under a little conifer, hopefully nout will come of it lol! I did email her in the evening and asked kindly if she would remove dog poo from the side run of the house for further cleans, she replied saying she was very happy and will ensure all poo is cleared, so happy days!!

I Broke a pain of glass on georgian window she was not in but i went to glacier and replaced the glass i txt her i was worried about glass that had gone inside house she was okay about it.

Back