Liquidator, worth buying?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Ackroyd_82, Jul 16, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ackroyd_82

Ackroyd_82 Member

#1 Ackroyd_82, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    Im away to put an order away for some new supplies, so is the liquidator worth it. I usually use a 12inch squeegee with ettorre rubbers.

I would go for the 10 inch, so would my ettorre rubbers still work well with this. Or would it require harder rubbers, and what are the rubbers like that come with it. They seem quite pricey. And finally, what handle do you guys use? Does the ergotec handle fit it? I generally use a squeegee with a forty degree angle so would i be okay with the one that is equipped?

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

I got the moerman handle, and yes I think there more than worth it, hardly ever need to detail...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Ackroyd_82

Ackroyd_82 Member

What rubber do you use?

4. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Facelift red rubber; most do these days as its so long lasting...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  5. mr shine

mr shine Guru

there a great job but takes a while to get use to , im looking forward to getting one of the new wagtail precision glide squeggees , but there not available in the uk yet, some claiming that there better than the liquidator but il decide that myself , theres a video up on youtube if anyone is interested

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Ant

Ant Well-Known Member

I'll be honest and say the liquidator for me has been a bit of a conundrum! I've never got it working perfectly, ok sometimes, but I never feel fully in control of it. I've taken all advice on board but alas I'm still not at one with the tool!
    In the end it was stressing me out and slowing me down, can't have that! Dog eared my standard channels, not perfectly but good enough and I'm much happier.

But don't let my negativity put you off! You have to suck it and See for yourself. There's plenty who love it.

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have a wagtail slimline with liquidator channel....no problems whatsoever
    Different disc but like this

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#8 boarcity, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
    2 of my lads wont use the liquidators i got them ,wont even try them -preferring the standard wagtail. we were chatting about it only yest .
    one of them has a really battered, maroon nail- varnish spattered wagtail14 incher and i told him "every tom ,T IT n monkey thats ever worked for me has used that old squeegee ... now its You thats got it

9. Eric Gilliand

Eric Gilliand Well-Known Member

After a couple of solid months with all channels my favourite combination is the 14 with Moerman black handle (I don't use the swivel option at all, it's rubbish) using Ettore rubber. I'm a huge fan of Razer Red but in the Liquidator Ettore has the edge for glide and control.

• List
  10. cheapncheerful

like the screw to hold the rubber idea as I want to use my old handles and my er...attempts at drilling holes to take the pulex handle have killed my liquidator...well it bends too easy now..:D

Advertisement