Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I have been working on a couple of videos feedback please.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

sllab

I set up and recorded a time-lapse video the last couple of jobs I have done. It might interest some of you how I clean a driveway (not that I necessarily do it the right way).

Yes I am spraying Hypo. It is 8% that is going onto the drive.

All in all about 3 hours to do the drive and I was busy on the same job for the rest of the day.

[media]

[/media]
Any feedback on camera angles etc is appreciated. Also does anyone else do/ has experimented with time lapse videos as a marketing tool?

Great vid. Can see it's uses for showing potential customers.

What's the difference in standard from your first run over compared to after you use the hypo?

Great vid. Can see it's uses for showing potential customers.What's the difference in standard from your first run over compared to after you use the hypo?
First run is designed to get the worst of it off and gets out 99% of the moss and weeds between the pavers. I move fairly quickly so it is a bit streaky but I don't mind.

The post Hypo clean with the FSC

1. Washes the Hypo away - This client had a couple of dogs which briefly feature in the video so she was concerned it was safe.
  2. Gets rid of any streaks and 99% of all of the black spots so I can see the tough ones that need working on more with either hypo or turbo nozzle.

This method is the way I have found I get the best results the fastest.

FSC is set up with 15 degree jets instead of 25 which helps get a lot more of the dirt out from between the joints but does mean it is a bit streakier the first time round.

Cool vid

There's a couple of bits where nothing happens can't you edit that bit out ?

I love the hypo bit it's very funny

Cool vidThere's a couple of bits where nothing happens can't you edit that bit out ?

I love the hypo bit it's very funny
The only reason I haven't is to try and show there is no BS here. A new company has just started advertising near me despite being based 70 miles away with pics taken from the internet and people cleaning houses in the US. Obvious to me but not to some others until it is pointed out.

I keep having to stop because I am running out of water all the time. It does look funny when I am spraying but when I stop spraying it is interesting the see the Hypo changing the colour of the dirt left on the driveway over the course of 300 seconds of video.

Nice video, I like the FSC could be my next purchase after I get the window round up and running. I just use a turbo nozzle at the moment. One thing I will say is I always wash away from the drains/gulleys. I had to jet a womans drain this morning because the bloke who washed her drive just flushed all the sand down it. Her driveway looked like a swimming pool haha.

Do you go back and resand when all dry?
Yeah. Problem is I have a list of about 15 driveways that I need to get back to. I haven't had any dry out since the 15th of November. I include it in the price but full payment is due on completion of the cleaning. No way I can not receive 4k+ of payments because the weather is ****.

Some days during the summer I can clean in the morning and re-sand same day. At the moment the weather is just ridiculous.

Nice video, I like the FSC could be my next purchase after I get the window round up and running. I just use a turbo nozzle at the moment. One thing I will say is I always wash away from the drains/gulleys. I had to jet a womans drain this morning because the bloke who washed her drive just flushed all the sand down it. Her driveway looked like a swimming pool haha.
I always make sure the drains are clear before I leave. Normally I leave them in much better condition than when I get to the job.

The drain covers on this job were really tight / possibly glued on so I couldn't get many of them off. However they were flowing nicely when I left.

I always make sure the drains are clear before I leave. Normally I leave them in much better condition than when I get to the job.
The drain covers on this job were really tight / possibly glued on so I couldn't get many of them off. However they were flowing nicely when I left.
To be fair there didn't seem to be as much sand coming out on that job compared to some of mine. Is that the FSC?

To be fair there didn't seem to be as much sand coming out on that job compared to some of mine. Is that the FSC?
Yeah the FSC does take out a lot less than turbo nozzle. Saves you money on re-sanding because you need less to fill the gaps. Also means it isn't a massive problem to come back a few months later and re-sand like I am having to do with some at the moment.

Still need a turbo to get some of the stubborn weeds out though.

Agreed - on a slope , wash from bottom up then the water will drain and the muck will sit in a dry pile at top to scoop up

Agreed - on a slope , wash from bottom up then the water will drain and the muck will sit in a dry pile at top to scoop up
Yup always from the bottom up. Also means you are not trying to push a load of **** along all the time which can be washed down later.

Latest Posts

Back