Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Expecting To Lose Work Soon Due To Winter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

How many of you are expecting this ?

Im guessing the people that have been established for years are fine /emoticons/smile.png

This is my 2nd winter... and last winter wasnt to bad... i got a few cancellations... but i also picked up customers to replace them with /emoticons/smile.png

My biggest downfall is that am expecting a big commercial job go from a 1 weekly clean to a 4 weekly clean - This will be a £100.00 loss each month

you will be fine h,

just try to keep up to date with your work,

also don't be cleaning windows when its peeing down, light rains not to bad but heavy rains no good,

neil what if its raining heavy for a full week ? lol

Also what if i take someone on and he comes out and it starts raining heavy ? lol

last year i worked in heavy rain

neil what if its raining heavy for a full week ? lol

Also what if i take someone on and he comes out and it starts raining heavy ? lol

last year i worked in heavy rain
I suppose at your prices h people wont mind paying if its raining,

My prices ? my prices are average

A lot of people are cheaper then me who are wfp and some are the same as me and some are expensive compared to me

but ill get £7.00 for an average 3bedroom house which is the norm for up our way ?

I was pulling your leg lol.

new you would bite,

bet some of your prices are higher then mine

Upsell other areas, H..

Like right now I'm about to make a big push for gutter cleans to be done around the end of the month as soon it will be winter and gutters will be overflowing because they've been filling up with leaves all summer and etc..

This is what I put on my website about it and basically what I'm going to be telling customers - http://www.rpwc.co.uk/gutter-cleaning-time-of-year/ -

Also I'm going to run a promotion soon that if people take me on on a monthly basis from now until december, then in december i'll do an interior window clean for free. People have guests over christmas and they'll want the place looking nice. A bit of face-time might also net me a tip here or there too.. or at least a sip of something nice like mulled wine to keep me warm /emoticons/smile.png

I dont offer no service the only service i offer is a monthly window cleaning service

i dont even do fascia n conservatory cleaning anymore

just 100% on the windows now /emoticons/smile.png

i just want enough monhtly work to keep me going /emoticons/smile.png then im happy

Lol they probz are haha

neil do u work by ya self or u got a 2 man setup
I do both h.

I have someone that works some days with me. I wfp the tops and he trad the bottoms.

I get alot more work done when theres 2 of us.

not expecting to loose any, im expecting to pick more up in the winter as all the doles guys and warm weather cleaners will of gone!

We are the same as rc, we gain customers every month we don't expect to lose any. Perhaps it's the cleaning in the rain bit h as customers of ours won't be happy if we did it.

I dont offer no service the only service i offer is a monthly window cleaning service

i dont even do fascia n conservatory cleaning anymore

just 100% on the windows now /emoticons/smile.png

i just want enough monhtly work to keep me going /emoticons/smile.png then im happy
Keep happy mate thats what counts do what ya got to do to keep going over winter

Last year most customers didnt mind plus half of the customers dont be home anyway !

From november/december i should have a worker with me /emoticons/smile.png heel be working from a backpack while i work from the van

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
H just seen an advertisement of a window cleaner offering to do a 3 bed house for £2. So its not just the rain u need to worry about on your patch.

I just picked up a customer who says her window cleaner has stopped coming.. I asked her - how long have you had him for? She says since the start of the summer.. I said did he use wfp or ladders, she said ladders .. I said van or car she said car.. So that's good news I reckon, as it wont just be her that he has dropped now that the weather isn't sunny and warm. I've asked her to let her mates know she has a great new window cleaner and told her she can have £1 off her bill for every one she signs up. I said i'd charge her £10 for a 2 bed semi (9 windows, one of them bay window) and she said that was more expensive but that the old guy didnt do the frames either. I said yeah and he hasnt bothered showing up anymore and she said yeah you might have a point and said £10 was fine. Not bad considering I didn't even have to get out of bed, she contacted me through facebook!

To be honest I'm not that bothered taking on window cleaning work now as find it can be a pain in the ****.

Back