Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Expecting To Lose Work Soon Due To Winter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

if you get out when the weather is fine graft when you can all will be fine over the winter, thats my plan

start 8am until 4.pm winter .

H you pay your mate when he is grafting, light rain ok heavy no no

in the past we have had some wet summers too

neil what if its raining heavy for a full week ? lol

Also what if i take someone on and he comes out and it starts raining heavy ? lol

last year i worked in heavy rain
If you take someone on H pay them a percentage of your earnings for that day. If it rains half way through day & you need to pack up you ain't gotta pay full whack. Works for me.

I just pay by the hour. If we do 2 hours cause of the weather then that what he gets. If we do 8 hours then he gets paid for 8 hours.

If we have a good day then I pay a bit extra.

neil mate other window cleaners dont bother me and i never be worried mate because all my customers are loyal and the 1s that ditch you for a lower price arent worth having /emoticons/smile.png so not bothered mate lol

only thing i need to worry about is my hands being cold this winter /emoticons/tongue.png lmao

&

I wouldnt pay worker a percentage of what i earn that is a big no lmaoo... i wouldnt make a penny ! I dont understand why people pay a percentage of wage for a bit of labour cleaning windows.... pay them £7 an hour ? its over minimum wage and its acceptable.

some people go 50/50 even ! If anyone had a shop would they pay their shop assistant a percentage of the profit ? nop they wouldnt

Not expecting to lose any customers, didn't lose any last year when we had 2 weeks off due to snow. That's the beauty of pricing your round well and not building up too many cheap customers, we've got about 250 customers but our average price is £13 on our spreadsheet.

Not expecting to lose any customers, didn't lose any last year when we had 2 weeks off due to snow. That's the beauty of pricing your round well and not building up too many cheap customers, we've got about 250 customers but our average price is £13 on our spreadsheet.

I'm not expecting to lose any either. Never lost a customer through bad weather. It's common sense in freezing temperatures and snow that a window cleaner might be late.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Only works when you have a good rapport with your customers and provide top notch service, the customer also needs common sense (which isn't common any more).

neil mate other window cleaners dont bother me and i never be worried mate because all my customers are loyal and the 1s that ditch you for a lower price arent worth having /emoticons/smile.png so not bothered mate lol

only thing i need to worry about is my hands being cold this winter /emoticons/tongue.png lmao

&

I wouldnt pay worker a percentage of what i earn that is a big no lmaoo... i wouldnt make a penny ! I dont understand why people pay a percentage of wage for a bit of labour cleaning windows.... pay them £7 an hour ? its over minimum wage and its acceptable.

some people go 50/50 even ! If anyone had a shop would they pay their shop assistant a percentage of the profit ? nop they wouldnt

and that's why you would never have loyal staff H. Staff yes, loyal hard working staff, I doubt it. Minimum wage is disgusting and no one should have to work for that so pay a bloke what he deserves.

ditto....

and that's why you would never have loyal staff H. Staff yes, loyal hard working staff, I doubt it. Minimum wage is disgusting and no one should have to work for that so pay a bloke what he deserves.

ill be employing someone soon fulltime and he will be on 6/7 pound per hour which is decent /emoticons/smile.png

Minimum wage is £6.19 now so he'll have to be on that at least, pay peanuts get monkeys as they say, you should be paying at least £10 or putting your prices up so you can pay £10/hr.

window cleaning companys down here pay 7 pound a hour

ill start off at 7 pound a hour after 6 months or so ill put it up /emoticons/smile.png

H 7 pounds an hour is fine as long as theres a bonus in places if somethink like 300 a day is reached.

I know an other local company that gives his lads 25 hours minimum wage weather they work or not plus a bonus scheme if targets are met.

But you need to look at other cost like insurance going up and national insurance and tax.

Just so you know your aloud to pay up to £80 a week casual labour.

Although im not sure weather sole trader can do this.

To be honest you should be able to do 300 to 350 a day as a 2 man team so you may not need someone full time at the minute

&

£7 an hour they won't work that hard. Pay 25% & they work harder. More you do the more you earn. If I do £200 a day he gets £50 I get £150. That's £750 a week for me & £250 for him which ain't bad for a 17 year old. It's an encentive. £7 an hour is not an incentive. They will want proper breaks & dinner. My way they don't coz there losing money.

Also H why would you lose work. If you can't work for whatever reason in winter nor can any window cleaner. I know if I can't go out coz of snow on ground or its -5 then 95% of window cleaners ain't gonna be out.

Back