Local windy

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by jlow, Sep 15, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jlow

jlow Member

So met the local windy a couple of days ago introduced myself was very pleasant to him and within 2mins i was duelly informed in a gruff voice i reckon i have 80% of this village so 1) do i just say forget jas theres plenty others or B) i take that as a small challenge just to annoy him cant make up my mind hee hee answers on a postcard please???

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Definitely a challenge
    Show the cocky sod he isn't the man lol

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. jlow

jlow Member

I dont usually bother about people but 1 thing i cant be bovered with is attitude!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

4. 1393jason

1393jason Active Member

I would take it as a compliment. He is clearly worried about you, so feels the need to speak up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. David K

David K Forum Addict

Never back down ! Dominate him ! These types tend to overestimate themselves. :hehehe:

6. Rosewood

Rosewood Active Member

Ask him for a list of his customers and prices he charges.(then you keep clear of them) After all you wouldn't want to encroach on his territory would you.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. David K

David K Forum Addict

I wouldn't expect a guy to hand out key- information , wouldn't do it myself..
    It gives the competitive the upper-hand in bidding...

8. Wheelie Clean

Wheelie Clean Member

Business is business, carry on doing what you're doing. If he's any good his customers will stay with him. I personally don't care where my customers come from and who used to clean their windows as long as they pay me the price I quote.

9. Cghwindowcleaning

Cghwindowcleaning Well-Known Member

Over the years I have taken what other window cleaners tell me about what work they have to usually contain around 20% truth.

Had a window cleaner phone me up about some work recently(who I don't know)tell me within the first five minutes how he had 8k a month with 4 lads out yet he was subbing work of someone at £100 a day because he was bored at home.

Window cleaners like to exaggerate.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. chris clean

chris clean Active Member

I posted a similar message a while ago in another thread but I have found since I started the only windies in my area that are full of bull sh $t are the ones that are charging about £5-7 per house and doing rubbish job only cleaning glass etc. I have picked up so many charging double just cos I do frames sills every time etc. The quality windies round here are friendly and aknowledge ya cos if u do a good job there's loads of work for everyone. The ones that need to create stuff and boast are the ones that ain't doing so well in my experience.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
Advertisement