Locations on Forum Posts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by ricoclay, Feb 22, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

Just an idea but wouldn't it be cool if we could so what areas people that we chat with regularly on here are from. Also, it would give us an idea of different socio economic differences affecting pricing etc. Just a thought Mr Admin :):)

Advertisement
  2. James

James Guru

You can view where people are from on their User CP section. Do you mean have it under their post count / joined date or something? So you can see when chatting directly on the forums?

James.

3. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

Yeah, I suppose...........although most people don't bother putting where they are from on their profile then ask location orientated questions doh

4. laddergarder

You want a map of Britain with a dot for every user or something?

I have more customers than there is users on this forum, so I am guessing that the users would be fairly scattered across the country. Plus you will get users that have registered, and have only posted a couple of posts then not returned. It would be interesting to know how many dormant accounts there is.

But I guess what you really want to know is, is there any window cleaners in your area, that are on this forum, who you are unaware off.

I guess the answer is maybe, one way you could find out is post a thread, say anyone on here from blah blah. They might not answer if there is any, some may post just for the hell of if it who are not really anywhere near you, but hay ho.

5. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

In our new VIP area we have a forum called the meet up which is where users can post and ask who is in there area or chat to people in your area. This area can also be used for was it you sort of posts, for example if you see a window cleaner on your rounds you can see if they are on here.

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

6. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i think what they should do is delete a lot of dormant accounts ie any thing that hasnt been used in 2 years,

7. James

James Guru

What's the rule Gav on Dormant accounts? They get wiped after a year or something? Or do they just sit here.

James.

8. laddergarder

Dont think he will reveal that mate, doesn't really sell advertising space, if there are allot ;-)

9. nearlyclean

Supplier

The forum is only a year old and some will post every few months or when something new happens to them or their stuck with a problem be unfair to delete their account but up to Gav at the end of the day,we do have a clear out now then accounts with no posts or spam account

10. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

At the moment I am not planning to remove any accounts. The only accounts we remove are spammers. Maybe letter in the forums life we may start clearing some old none used accounts.

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

Advertisement