Logo

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Paul, Feb 19, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Paul

Paul Guest

Is there anywhere I can create a decent logo without it costing me a fortune and looking cheesy thanks

Advertisement
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

In your head 1st, once you have a couple of ideas, sketch them down. Then, if you are good with computers, or know someone who is, ask them to 'refine' your design. Or, if you know someone who is artistically inclined, you could ask them to have a go. You could look at other logo's for insperation, but, obviously, dont make yours too similar!. Getting your own one designed from scratch by a pro is going to be expensive!.

3. laddergarder

If you can upload a sketch of what you are looking for to flicker, I can do a quick vector drawing of it for you, as long as its simple though, anything complex would take some time. My best advice is do something that will clearly identify what it is you do.

Here is an what a vector drawing looks like, this is one I did of my van, admittedly this did take a little time to do.

[​IMG]

4. Paul

Paul Guest

Well I'm really looking at something made up of the letters S and I with Maby a window behind, but don't want to have it solely for trad wc as I'm looking to the future and moving to wfp, as for my artistic talents they stop at stick men and clouds lol.

Thanks aginn

Can't believe the speed of the responses on here an the help people are willing to give :p

5. laddergarder

I would suggest something that people can see, and clearly understand so they can do google searches etc at a later date. Can you give me some buz words that relate to you and the area you live?

6. Paul

Paul Guest

Really not to sure what a buzz word is I'm guessing it's like Carlisle, Cumbria ??? Am I correct :-/

7. laddergarder

Well if you wanted to do something impersonal, other than Paul Rods Window Cleaning, being from Carlisle you could call yourself Border City Window Cleaning, Castle Window Cleaning(for Carlisle Castle), something that relates to you in some way or the area you will cover. Do al little research and see what comes up.

You could also use something completely unrelated, as long as it is memorable enough, for instance I am a big film buff, and one of my favourite films is the matrix, there is a scene where Neo is getting a dressing down by his boss, and there are window cleaners outside making a squeaking noise with there squeegees. His Boss is called Mr Rinehart. So from that you could use, Rinehart Window Cleaning or Squeekee Squeegees/ Squeaky Squeegees. Then is really just something that means something to you.

Maybe your parter or someone close to you loves dolphins or something, and you could call yourself Dolphin Window Cleaning in testament to them, its really something you have to put some thought in to though. Get you name sorted out, then you can think a little more about a logo.

here is an example...

[​IMG]

8. Paul

Paul Guest

I'm loving the border city window cleaning, I did come up with one it was supreme image i sone like a brain storm thing I don't know what you think about that one?

9. laddergarder

Not sure about supreme image as it doesn't really relate to window cleaning the way something like ClearView, I had a check for you and bordercitywindowcleaning is not used, and the domain is a available. What do you think of the logo attached to my last post, is that the kind of thing you would like?

10. Paul

Paul Guest

Yeh I know what you mean with the supreme image love the logo and so does the misses and it does what it says on the tin. Thank you very much for doing that now I've got the name and got the logo cheers pal love it :p

Advertisement