Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leaking Issue

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chip

Where my reel connects, the outer connection that is, is a hozelock, but it leaks, have replaced both male and female end and still leaks! Have wrapped oodles of ptfe tape in the gap and seems ok unless the thing has any movement on it, ie from something catching it. So question is, is there a better snap section than hozelock?

Hoselock definetley cheapest and most available option do like the the rectus 26 elbow connector still can get damaged with a good sideways knock and still relies on rubber grommet to avoid leaks have you tried the brass hoselocks tend to be better quality

That's what I thought, but used another male altogether! Maybe just been unlucky?
take all the ptfe tape of, it might be stopping the rubber in the male fitting making contact and therefore a seal. shouldn`t require the tape if rubber is ok.

It was doing it before, must be a duff end, might try the brass end, never thought of that!

You can get stainless steel male fittings from B&Q now. I've had one one for ages without problem and I just buy the best female I can get at the time.

I find the rubber o ring wears on the male fitting and the plastic "grips" snap on the female fitting.

It's just a case of carrying a few spares and changing them when necessary.

Back