Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Council Housing Estates

WCF

Help Support WCF:

All Round Cleaning

Went canvassing tonight , started out on a private estate done 2 hrs knoking and flyering

Only priced up 1 gutter clean job at £100 got a call an hr later from flyering to go and price up a job tomorrow 4 bed detached job .

Was talking to a guy on the drive of his house 4 bed detached with 2 conservatories says his windy charges £10 for his house so I said oh well I cant beat that so decided to just flyer the rest of the estate .

Went to a council estate where I have a lot of work anyway and went knocking in 1 hr I puck up 5 £8 & 1 £9

jobs .

This just shows that ,

1 ) there are muppets out there chasing the money jobs but charging peanuts .

2 ) council houses are the bread and butter jobs , small easy work that pays well for the amount of work you are doing .

3 ) just because someone says they have a windy it doesnt mean they are happy with the level of service they receive . As I puck up 2 tonight who already have one lol .

no longer, whereabouts are you? do you not buy rounds? its cut throat where i am cause we have to buy our rounds. canvassers are not liked round us all the windys in our areas tend to stick together so if some areas get canvassed or flyered the word goes round to keep an eye out. just interested how it works round the land

I do quite a few council houses in one of the villages i clean, i do 10 of them all nxt to each other , 2 hours work £100, there all good payers and always get offered drinks (which is more than i can say for my bigger houses) picked up 2 more aswell last time i was in the village which im to do nxt time im there so once u get these council house u wanna keep hold of them

no longer, whereabouts are you? do you not buy rounds? its cut throat where i am cause we have to buy our rounds. canvassers are not liked round us all the windys in our areas tend to stick together so if some areas get canvassed or flyered the word goes round to keep an eye out. just interested how it works round the land
Im based in wolverhampton mate .

If I had the spare cash I would be tempted to buy a round but tbh mate theres plenty work out there for me to canvass canvass canvass .

Im based in wolverhampton mate . If I had the spare cash I would be tempted to buy a round but tbh mate theres plenty work out there for me to canvass canvass canvass .
so do you not get any grief off other windys? good on yer mate, gotta admit i have unintentionally nabbed a fair bit of work off a lad who has some work or should i say had some work inbetween mine, but only cause he has the people skills of a football hooligan on crack and the cleaning skills of a chimp chucking sh*t at onlookers at a zoo. when he realised he was losing his work to me, him and his son offered me out which i was all up for but then he realised i didn't back down, i became all dipomatic and said lets go and ask his custys why he had been sacked and if he owned their houses. he didn't like that then he offered me his "non existant" round to me for a good price which i declined on the basis that they were on my round now he deffo didn't like that lol, you go boy :lol:

I got 1 council estate customer she pays me by online bacs but she always pays late but she always does end up paying me /emoticons/smile.png

Plus watch out for the customers that leave their old cleaner.

Well done Gav!!

I am in a few council places although most have bought their house, all compact with 15-30odd houses on each.. and it's not bad money for easy work. Most council places are flooded with cleaners so they can work away there. Most charging £2-£2.50 for fronts, if you tell them £4 they will start freakin out, they won't have enough of their dole left for booze. I do not want any more houses like that.. From now on I want houses at £20+ and you won't find them in council estates!

I agree, council estates are great. A lot of other companies will not touch council estates, easy pickings for us. I charge £7.50 for a council house with cony I charge £12.50, compared to a 3 bed semi I would charge £12.00 and £17.50 with cony (depending on the size could be more).

between £5 and £7 is average for me on the council estates but for that price you want a load in the area or next to each other

I agree' date=' council estates are great. A lot of other companies will not touch council estates, easy pickings for us. I charge £7.50 for a council house with cony I charge £12.50, compared to a 3 bed semi I would charge £12.00 and £17.50 with cony (depending on the size could be more). [/quote']i picked on up in x.gates other week havent been only house i got not worth the travel for £7.

Well done Gav!!
I am in a few council places although most have bought their house, all compact with 15-30odd houses on each.. and it's not bad money for easy work. Most council places are flooded with cleaners so they can work away there. Most charging £2-£2.50 for fronts, if you tell them £4 they will start freakin out, they won't have enough of their dole left for booze. I do not want any more houses like that.. From now on I want houses at £20+ and you won't find them in council estates!
so everyone that lives on a council estate is on the dole and an alcoholic? if thats your opinion i think it says more about you then them

so do you not get any grief off other windys? good on yer mate' date=' gotta admit i have unintentionally nabbed a fair bit of work off a lad who has some work or should i say had some work inbetween mine, but only cause he has the people skills of a football hooligan on crack and the cleaning skills of a chimp chucking sh*t at onlookers at a zoo. when he realised he was losing his work to me, him and his son offered me out which i was all up for but then he realised i didn't back down, i became all dipomatic and said lets go and ask his custys why he had been sacked and if he owned their houses. he didn't like that then he offered me his "non existant" round to me for a good price which i declined on the basis that they were on my round now he deffo didn't like that lol, you go boy :lol:[/quote']I had a guy ring me up when I was posting flyers mouthing of like **** saying if he catches me on his patch hill kill me what he didn't know I was still in the area posting so told him il meet him and have a cht and explain that im not trying to under cut him or steel his work anyway he carrys on shouting down the phone and tells me to meet him at the corner shop his face was a right picture when I turned up he was a 5ft4 around 50 year old skinny weasel n im 6ft1 n 15st and 27 he quickly apologised and said good luck not that I would of hit him or owt im soft as **** but I bet he doesn't mouth of over the phone any more /emoticons/biggrin.png

Lol I puck up 2 last night who already have a cleaner hes charging £5 and im charging £8

God help him when he goes to clean them .

If he rings me up il tell him he obviously isnt doing a good job for him to lose the work for a higher priced cleaner .

There are a lot of decent people on council estates, yes you do get those who don't pay or very late payers, but you get that on any estate, even Wigton lane, near me, where the houses are worth millions. I would do council estates all day long, and every day. £7.50 a pop and you can blast them out.

There are a lot of decent people on council estates' date=' yes you do get those who don't pay or very late payers, but you get that on any estate, even Wigton lane, near me, where the houses are worth millions. I would do council estates all day long, and every day. £7.50 a pop and you can blast them out.
them lot up there know how to hold onto there money mate lol i know them lot been there and done the qoutes for garden work oh dear never again jokers lol

I have 2 council estate to myself the one has about 50 cleans at £10 a pop and the other I have just dropped a few cards 2 months ago and have 4 cleans but its hard slog as you have to jump over their back so need a ladder even with my WFP

Back