Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Much For A Ten Year Old Ionics System On A Trailer. 300L With Ro

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

premierclean

Just been offered a 300L ionics system on a trailer with RO so can produce own water.

Been stood years so will i have to replace all filters. It all looks in good nick.

Not sure what to offer. dont want to rip myself off and i dont want to rip the guy off either as hes sound.

What would be a fair price. I was thinking £300 - £500.

What do you think ?????

Depends on the following:

Condition of trailer if roadworthy

If 10 years old and has been stood for a long time I would check wheel bearings, tyres if starting to crack etc, rust/corrosion on stub axels, cross members, frame and bodywork, then check electrics work ok. Then I would want to also double check to see what it tows like first.

Condition of WFP kit

Regarding the wfp system the battery is probably knackered for a start. Not to mention the ro would probably be knackered too so need to check it all including the pump etc to make sure it all works as it should.

Conclusion

You need to take into consideration cost of replacing bits like the ro membrain ,filters etc to make it a serviceable system and most importantly the trailer is in a roadworthy condition as you could end up buying a pile of **** and spending a fortune out on it.

Depends on the following:

Condition of trailer if roadworthy

If 10 years old and has been stood for a long time I would check wheel bearings, tyres if starting to crack etc, rust/corrosion on stub axels, cross members, frame and bodywork, then check electrics work ok. Then I would want to also double check to see what it tows like first.

Condition of WFP kit

Regarding the wfp system the battery is probably knackered for a start. Not to mention the ro would probably be knackered too so need to check it all including the pump etc to make sure it all works as it should.

Conclusion

You need to take into consideration cost of replacing bits like the ro membrain ,filters etc to make it a serviceable system and most importantly the trailer is in a roadworthy condition as you could end up buying a pile of **** and spending a fortune out on it.
It isn't worth anything.Whilst I agree with Smurfs clinical deductions, there comes a time when the item has reached the end of its commercial life and should be scrapped. It isn't a classic car restoration project, its your lively hood.

cheaper getting another ro, did i mention im selling a 300 ro system, in use so i know its fine. filters not too much, its the membranes that cost you. £60

The first thing that struck me is it's a trailer. Parking it would be a mare to start with.
Yes. I that why the only trailer setups I've seen are not out in the work place working; they are for sale on Ebay.

I started off with a trailer - yes it got me into wfp but actually it was a waste of money tbh. An unbraked trailer is the pits in a cul de sac on an incline. There is no way you can unhitch a trailer from the tow vehicle and hold it with 300 litres of water on board when on a slight incline to turn it round.

Why has it been stood for years? Because the owner realised after he bought it that it was a mistake just like I did. Why waste money only to discover the same problem.

After that, see Smurfs detailed analysis of potential issues.

One thing he didn't mention is that the pump could work for a few minutes in testing and then fail shortly after when put under load. Carbon brushes were renowned for sticking tight in corroding brush holders in the power tool industry when not used for an extensive period of time. The tension is initially on the commutator but as the motor turns the brush will wear quite quickly to begin with. As it wears the tension reduces with the seized brush on the commutator. A tiny gap opens up which causes the brush to arch. This becomes a point of extreme heat which usually causes a segment on the commutator to lift. Good bye motor. So add another £75.00 + onto the potential list of possible items to be replaced.

I also forgot to add that imho 300 litres isn't sufficient to do a days work with.

Thanks for all your comments much appreiciated. Think i,ll put money towards another van : )

Back