Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

VAN MOUNT DI SYSTEM< FOR A TRAILER?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paddy

hi chaps&lt; after your help again...I got my trailer today a second hand DAXARA 147

it can carry 505kg, so was thinking about putting a 2 man 400 litre DI system set up in it. is this achievable? the trailer inside dimensions are LENGTH 1440mm..WIDTH 1000mm. will the above mentioned system fit? cheers in advance

If you have a look on the Gardiner website under vehicle tanks, you will see they list the size of each tank under the specifications.

I would think that the only flat tank you could fit in there easily is a 500l flat tank. A 400 litre flat tank won't fit and I would definitely hesitate putting a 400 litre upright tank in it because of stability. You won't be able to fully fill the tank with water.

There is also the option of fitting 3 x 125 litre upright tanks side by side and joining the outlets together. You would need a shut off valve on each of the outlets.

Hose reels and pipes will have to be stored in the car. you could have a battery, controllers and pumps in the trailer but you will need to find a way of keeping them dry.

I can't understand you buying a trailer without looking at the system you need first and deciding if that trailer is suitable or not before you buy it.

I honestly don't believe this trailer is suitable for what you need.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think that the only flat tank you could fit in there easily is a 500l flat tank. A 400 litre flat tank won't fit and I would definitely hesitate putting a 400 litre upright tank in it because of stability. You won't be able to fully fill the tank with water.
Hose reels and pipes will have to be stored in the car. you could have a battery, controllers and pumps in the trailer but you will need to find a way of keeping them dry.

I can't understand you buying a trailer without looking at the system you need first and deciding if that trailer is suitable or not before you buy it.
I originally bought the trailer to carry as much pre filtered water as possible, to top up my backpack. then thought why don't I revert back to an idea I had earlier and putting a full system in

Like spruce has already mentioned that is really the wrong size trailer & has not enough max payload to think of putting a 2 man 400 ltr wfp system in it. Reason being by the time you have fitted higher sides and cover, a jokey wheel, 4x dropdown stabaliser legs, fitted a 400 tank, 2 x pumps, 2 x controllers, 2 x 100 metre reels on top of the tank and a pole rack to carry your poles its going to be overweight when the tank is full. That is not taking into consideration any other important gear like twin di tanks & garden hose real to top it up whilst out and about.

You idealy need a decent size braked box trailer if you were thinking of building a decent size 2 man trailer setup. Then need to consider the max towing weight of the car you are using especially if 5 up in the car and the added weight of ladders etc carried in/on it.

Or like I've already mentioned in previous post buy a decent size van and not a crew cab van and let 2/3 of the crew still use the car.

Back