Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Minimum price

£8 is the cheapest I have, but its not worth any more then that so its fine. £10 is pretty much my new limit now though.

only just....its £10 because some of the new jobs were not worth the effort by the time you park up get your stuff out etc....i have one at the mo and i said £8 and then remembered my minimum charge and so changed it to £10....without seeing it...when i saw it...i put it up to £15.....if she leaves it much longer i have altered now to a double charge first time.....so she had better hurry...

I can't see how ppl make any decent money at window cleaning if they do it too cheap myself.

Houses £10, but that is a small 2 bed house, small flats/bungalows £8, usually a house is £12 though.

Do you have a minimum price for a house ?

You have a cost figure each year, and you will do so many cleans per year. So you will have a minimum figure, even if you don’t know what it is

You could start by dividing the number of expected cleans into your cost. I.e. £6,000 in cost divided into 2400 cleans gives you £2.50

Including your living cost; i.e. £12,000 divided into 2400 gives you £5.

Add your two figures together whatever they will be, and then put a profit margin in for your efforts.

If you are working your prices, you will very rarely use the minimum price, as it’s a base figure. It’s only used when you get those small jobs. You tend to work from your average price and move forwards from that figure.

I tend to work it out by time and how much I want per hour, seems a bit more simple than divide this and multiply that /emoticons/tongue.png

I tend to work it out by time and how much I want per hour, seems a bit more simple than divide this and multiply that /emoticons/tongue.png

Yes your hourly rate is crucial; you can’t just do one without the other though.

As long as you now you rate per hour. But not knowing how many hours you work, or work too a consistence hourly rate (Unlikely, if you don’t know your own figures) means your rate is likely to be inaccurate, you couldn’t possibly know until the end of the year and even then - only if you kept records of the above and decided to look at them at the end of the year.

I just aim for a certain amount every day, sometimes I'm a bit short,sometimes I'm a bit over, and sometimes I'm quids in. Theres no need for it to be complicated.

As I've mentioned before its possible to earn 100 squid plus an hour depends what job you do if you wanted too so why limit yourself and charge what jobs are really worth. :rolleyes:

As I've mentioned before its possible to earn 100 squid plus an hour depends what job you do if you wanted too so why limit yourself and charge what jobs are really worth. :rolleyes:
I think most people are referring to window cleaning. If you are too pricey for a regular clean, then you end up losing people. But if you are going for a one time job then I agree the skys the limit.

I think most people are referring to window cleaning. If you are too pricey for a regular clean, then you end up losing people. But if you are going for a one time job then I agree the skys the limit.
Yeah I don't think old Maud down the road would like me upping her 4 weekly bungalow window clean to £100.

jpa197398eqn29.gif

That will make it £10 then please.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

You don’t have to look at it as losing them; you have just moved on from £10 jobs, £12.00 jobs, £15.00 jobs and £20.00 jobs - that all take pretty much the same amount of time to service.

You have a finite number of workable hours (unless you decide to employ) so the other option is to increase your money – if you want to.

Back