Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I feel like I'm cheating lol

Amos

Traditional for 25 years so I know how long my work takes gone wfp system 2 weeks ago and boy what a difference lol brilliant!! It does feel like I am cheating my customers though not in a bad way in a bloody good way a quarter of the time it's amazing wish I changed years ago. And I'm safe on the ground doing it as well its brilliant

Traditional for 25 years so I know how long my work takes gone wfp system 2 weeks ago and boy what a difference lol brilliant!! It does feel like I am cheating my customers though not in a bad way in a bloody good way a quarter of the time it's amazing wish I changed years ago. And I'm safe on the ground doing it as well its brilliant
My advice is to go back to those you've done and check your work for any runs and streaks. If you've done a good trad job by keeping the frames clean then wfp will be easier first time round but not usually as fast.

My son in law was a trad cleaner and went wfp and zipped through his work like Flash Gordon. But he took on a round of ours that had been wfped for 6 years.

I'm not implying you haven't done a good job btw, its just unusual to be so quick 'out of the starting blocks'.

You may also get complaints from your customers that you aren't cleaning properly as we did with SIL. But they were mostly unfounded as they were based on the speed he cleaned rather than the results.

Some of your customers might try to get a price reduction as they might feel they are overpaying for the time spent, so my advice is to prepare an answer for that, ie trad setup costs as apposed to wfp setup costs etc. (Most customers aren't interested in hearing about your safety aspect of the changeover.) Their privacy is also a good reason.

If you have 2 weekly cleans then you will get the old 'leave them this time as they are still clean' story.

If you get this then you need to go 4 weekly like we did but not at the same price. So an £8 clean up here in the North would go for £10. If you are inland they may even try the 6 weekly story, but the problem is that any 8 weekly job get out of sync with the 6 weekly ones. Moving 8 week customers to 12 weeks doesn't work.

Well done for taking the wfp plunge.

-

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers spruce, don't worry I made double sure and checked the work no streaks no brown spots just a perfect shine

My advice is to go back to those you've done and check your work for any runs and streaks. If you've done a good trad job by keeping the frames clean then wfp will be easier first time round but not usually as fast.
My son in law was a trad cleaner and went wfp and zipped through his work like Flash Gordon. But he took on a round of ours that had been wfped for 6 years.

I'm not implying you haven't done a good job btw, its just unusual to be so quick 'out of the starting blocks'.

You may also get complaints from your customers that you aren't cleaning properly as we did with SIL. But they were mostly unfounded as they were based on the speed he cleaned rather than the results.

Some of your customers might try to get a price reduction as they might feel they are overpaying for the time spent, so my advice is to prepare an answer for that, ie trad setup costs as apposed to wfp setup costs etc. (Most customers aren't interested in hearing about your safety aspect of the changeover.) Their privacy is also a good reason.

If you have 2 weekly cleans then you will get the old 'leave them this time as they are still clean' story.

If you get this then you need to go 4 weekly like we did but not at the same price. So an £8 clean up here in the North would go for £10. If you are inland they may even try the 6 weekly story, but the problem is that any 8 weekly job get out of sync with the 6 weekly ones. Moving 8 week customers to 12 weeks doesn't work.

Well done for taking the wfp plunge.

-
Sound advice from Spruce you do seem a bit quick for someone changing from trad to wfp slow down and treat all your existing jobs as if they were a first clean this will take you longer than trad method i would concentrate on quality at the moment the speed will come over the coming months not saying you have done a bad job but better safe than sorry seeing as you have taken the step forward you need to protect your lively hood and your new investment

Cheers spruce, don't worry I made double sure and checked the work no streaks no brown spots just a perfect shine

As you gain confidence with the pole youll realise thatyour getting quicker, and odds are your over rinsing and therefore save time and water. Ive been using it for 2 months now and ive shaved a good few mins off a house since day 1 with the pole, which in turn means you can het more done in a day and more ££ in the bank :thumbsup:

I agree with a couple of posters above, you do seem to be very quick from the off. Be sure to check your work when the glass is dry. Sometimes the glass looks great until the sun catches it :eek:

The pole gets as irritating as traditional does , you get the houses that are pain with pulling the hose etc. It's just a vicious circle :rofl: although it still just seems easier

Back