Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leaflets: pro print vs. home printed version?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J

Jacob

Hey Guys.

I want to do some more leafletting, but i have ran out of my pro printed ones some months ago and Moneys tight, so would hear if you have any experience on home printed versions and if they convert as much as pro printed ones on a bit thicker paper?

Its the same flyer i will be using. my home version will be printed on copy paper in Black n White as my laser printer dont have colour (obviously lol).

whats your experience ?

How much does a new printer cartridge cost? Personally its far cheaper for me to have them professionally printed than it would be to buy printer cartridges. My printer flies through ink. Can get 1,000 leaflets for £10-20 over here. To save ink make sure you have a white background. Can't help you with conversion rates I'm afraid. Good luck.

I agree with bump. I'd also add that the time you spend messing about could be better spent working and earning. Find a nice little job for a saturday like a gutter clean, and use that to fund some new leaflets.

Thanks for your answers.

Yes i see your point i could do that, just that i have next week 3-4 jobs so have five days of leaflitting i could do, so i could get more regulars.

10-20 quid for 1000 flyers is very cheap the cheapest i can get them for is 1000 for 100quid plus shipment, so thought i could print them myself i only use black on my printer and i can get 1500 pages for 40quid. Using color i would have throw in 200.

But my real question was if a black and white flyer that i printed on copy paper would make me look like a cowboy opposite to getting a flyer with color printed on nice heavier paper?

Thanks for your answers.Yes i see your point i could do that, just that i have next week 3-4 jobs so have five days of leaflitting i could do, so i could get more regulars.

10-20 quid for 1000 flyers is very cheap the cheapest i can get them for is 1000 for 100quid plus shipment, so thought i could print them myself i only use black on my printer and i can get 1500 pages for 40quid. Using color i would have throw in 200.

But my real question was if a black and white flyer that i printed on copy paper would make me look like a cowboy opposite to getting a flyer with color printed on nice heavier paper?
Have you checked ebay in your country? Over here there are loads of small businesses over here so you could try our ebay and see if they would ship internationally.

With regards to image, it depends what image you want to put across. I try to make mine look professional, yet friendly/approachable. Homemade printed ones will just make you look cheap, but thats not a negative, it just depends what your target audience is. @boarcity hand makes hisflyers and does very well out of it.

i quite enjoy printing flyers and have burnt out 3 machines in 5 yrs . theres something very satisfying loading the ream of paper and pushing "max copy" and then hopping into bed . listening to it churn away ,its a goddawful noise when youre tryin to sleep

then the missus pipes up " have you set that thing on max again??!! "

no,no , i was fast asleep ..

"why dyou keep doing that ?"

"doing what dear?"

Have you checked ebay in your country? Over here there are loads of small businesses over here so you could try our ebay and see if they would ship internationally.
With regards to image, it depends what image you want to put across. I try to make mine look professional, yet friendly/approachable. Homemade printed ones will just make you look cheap, but thats not a negative, it just depends what your target audience is. @boarcity hand makes hisflyers and does very well out of it.
Not checked ebay they use to be useless over here, but will check it.

I try being professional and personal, dont have fancy T-shirts and just a magnetic sign on the car (every thing has a begining).

I am on the cheapish side compared to some locals but also have alot of high end custys too. just really at the very early days so just try to catch as much regulars custys so i can get a stable income. although i walk away if they wont do on my terms.

I think that maybe a cheapish look wil lure some new custys in. anyway i will try it this week and see how it goes.

Not checked ebay they use to be useless over here, but will check it.I try being professional and personal, dont have fancy T-shirts and just a magnetic sign on the car (every thing has a begining).

I am on the cheapish side compared to some locals but also have alot of high end custys too. just really at the very early days so just try to catch as much regulars custys so i can get a stable income. although i walk away if they wont do on my terms.

I think that maybe a cheapish look wil lure some new custys in. anyway i will try it this week and see how it goes.
Sounds just right for you then, go for it.:thumbsup:

the worst flyers i ever made were on crepe paper , try running that thru a printer if you dare hehehee

actually i hand drew onto the crepe but it was so craappy ,so crepey it was as if an idiot had done them the ink ran . non were ever delivered

I use these guys. Www.solopress.com. Not sure if they ship abroad or not. Not sure why copenhagen is so expensive! Try over here or even say germany or somewhere a bit closer to you and get it posted. £20 plus say £20 postage will still be much better than £100! Personally I think with so much competition the more professional looking your flyer the better, but then if your going lower end then price will be more important. So you could use self-printed flyers in a cheaper area, then when you have some spare cash get some printed and then leaflet richer areas. Get printed as many as you can at one time as the more you get the cheaper they are. I nearly order 1,000 last week, but it was less than double for 5,000 so I got that instead. Saved me loads!

I use these guys. Www.solopress.com. Not sure if they ship abroad or not. Not sure why copenhagen is so expensive! Try over here or even say germany or somewhere a bit closer to you and get it posted. £20 plus say £20 postage will still be much better than £100! Personally I think with so much competition the more professional looking your flyer the better, but then if your going lower end then price will be more important. So you could use self-printed flyers in a cheaper area, then when you have some spare cash get some printed and then leaflet richer areas. Get printed as many as you can at one time as the more you get the cheaper they are. I nearly order 1,000 last week, but it was less than double for 5,000 so I got that instead. Saved me loads!
Its so damn expensive because a high taxpressure, everything is laid with taxes and then some more lol.

Think i try a little village tommorrow and see how its going to go.

In the long run i want to get some pro done again, just will print my own because money is tight rigth now.

Anyway thanks for the tips.

Vistaprint are in the netherlands too I think. Although if moneys tight, £100 on flyers is a fair bit. Let us know how the home printed ones do.

Any local printers near you who could do you a deal?

I get mine off a mate who works at a printers

5000 for nothing but the other guy there would charge about 70 quid

Will have to look out for that daveyboy see if i can get a good deal.

Green a6 is just very small i think, mine are a4 flyer.

Mrbump i will let you know how it goes with return rate

But how do you get any written and picture on there? or do you just have sort of windowcleaner typed and then phone number

from memory 500 sheets of coloured A4 is £10, 5 of my flyers to a sheet that 2500 flyers , add in a tenner for ink catridges from an Ebay chink and 7 quid for smiley stickers AND youve the satisfaction that comes from playing youre the low cost mr.printer . View attachment 5070

A4 is huge. That's probably why its so expensive. A5 or A6 is ideal imo, so they can put it on the fridge or on a window sill or shelve or something. I don't have any pictures, just my logo, some info on what I do, my prices and contact details.

A4 is huge. That's probably why its so expensive. A5 or A6 is ideal imo, so they can put it on the fridge or on a window sill or shelve or something. I don't have any pictures, just my logo, some info on what I do, my prices and contact details.
Never really thought of that tbh very good poiint you got with them putting it on a shelve or some sort. Just cheched vistaprint on a5/6 size they have a discount on!flyers at the moment get 1000 for 40quid so will dig into that later today, then hand out ny own while waiting on shipment.

Latest Posts

Back