Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting out...advice appreciated

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TheBigGuy

Evening everyone

I posted a few years ago about getting started in window cleaning (absolutely bottled it due to getting a mortgage), but I'm on the cusp of actually getting started, by picking up some of my dad's unwanted work.

What I am looking at is a trolley and/or backpack system to start me off, I am knocking on doors as of tomorrow so hope to drum up some work.

If anyone could point me in the direction of a good system it would be appreciated. I believe I live in a soft water area (Chorley, Lancashire) so not sure if I would need RO or DI?

My first water fed pole set up was a trolley woth barrels and it's a system I've gone back to this week as for me, on my work, it's just as practical and I don't earn less than when I had a full system fitted into my van.

I'd look for a trolley or backpack on wheels.( don't ever wear a backpack full while cleaning windows)

I bought the watergenie backpack on Tuesday for 95quid. Love it so far.

I have a 350litre tank in my van, which I fill my backpack with and I'm off.

I'd buy a 1000 litre tank, purify at home either with a 300gpd filter system if you aren't on a water meter, or a 40/40 system if you are.

Jobs a good'un.

I'm working with the pure freedom 50ltr trolley which is easy a pie to wheel around.

Def agree with MC33 looking at a 300gpd system, mine is only 200 and first cleans are draining me right down.

Would suggest getting a couple of water butts to fill from to start off with, works out a lot cheaper than a large tank if you don't live close to one selling on eBay.

Good luck lad

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Im also switching to wfp system, in my area tds reading is 170, so im wondering what filtration system would be best for me, ro di, any help appreciated lads, thanks

Thanks for the reply lads, whats the best ro an di, anyone point me in right directiomn.

how long is a piece of string:p whats you budget.... how much water will you use each day... will it be a static system??

I would go for a di vessel only as your in a soft water area .I use the 25 litre pure freedom trolley which i think is great for my use .Definatley the gardeners slx pole which ever size you would need .Good luck

I would go for a di vessel only as your in a soft water area .I use the 25 litre pure freedom trolley which i think is great for my use .Definatley the gardeners slx pole which ever size you would need .Good luck
Cheers pal, how do you make/store the pure water at home, I've seen people mention water butts? Also how many 25l cans do you get through a day?

if hes on a budget and with a 170 tds reading he could see how long it would take to burn through the di resin, but from what i understand a 170 tds reading is a little high..

Cheers pal, how do you make/store the pure water at home, I've seen people mention water butts? Also how many 25l cans do you get through a day?
My tds is 90 out of the tap but i only use about 250 litres a week ,windys are my part time job . i have eight 25,litre barrels .Didnt realise his tds was 170

My tds is 90 out of the tap but i only use about 250 litres a week ,windys are my part time job . i have eight 25,litre barrels .Didnt realise his tds was 170
Could you recommend a good place for a tds meter? I've looked on eBay but heard they can be a bit ****

Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but whatever you use to store your water in make sure it's kept in the dark otherwise you'll get algae growing in it. This is one reason why some of us use water buts. I use a 400ltr upright water tank but have built it into a windowless cabin.

I have a pure freedom 25l trolley great bit of kit. Employ some one two days a week go through 8_12 barrels a day when on maintenance cleaning. First cleans Always depends on just how filthy they are.

i have just started up. i use 25ltr barrels and the gardiner backpack on a sack barrow. it seems to work perfectly for me at the moment until i get busy enough to warrant buying a van and van set up.

i have the ro and di set up in a little shed with 2 soon to be 3 220ltr blue barrels that i store my pure water in.

Back