Looking To Start Up

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Scott11, May 28, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Scott11

Scott11 Guest

hi guys, im looking to start up a window cleaning business, i want to get all the correct equipment and would like a little bit of help on which ladders to buy. does anyone have any good sites? how much should i be looking to spend on ladders.

cheers :)

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Welcome Scott, I'm more of a wfp guy myself but still use ladders quite a bit on gutter clearing, conservatory cleaning etc.

As for which is the best ladders to use for window cleaning will leave that to other trad guys to give advice.

4. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

[SIZE=medium]You will probably end up with a few ladders; but I would recommend 3m double A- frame/pointers as part of your kit, there light, quick to use, not to big or small. As a rule though most start of with 3.5m trade.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Good luck, Richard[/SIZE]

5. Richy

Richy Active Member

Check the weights.
    Try a few at Wickes or B&Q.
    Get an idea of how heavy they are. Then buy from
    midlandladders

6. OoO

OoO Guest

Yeah pretty much what i used to do :)

If you are newbie to window cleaning i would maybe stick to a normal ladder instead of an A frame. Then when confidence is good switch to an A frame.

Welcome as well :)

7. norm

norm Grand Master

Hi Scott welcome

8. Mr B shine

Mr B shine Active Member

9. Sodz30

Sodz30 Newcomer

Hello all I have just been laid off from my job so now looking to set up my own window cleaning business they a few all ready about in my area so what would be the best way to start out I've been talking to some of the local people about the work the other do and how much they charge per house witch is about £6 - £7 and they only do the windows so I was think of chargeing the same but doing the PVC frames doors ect would be greatfull for any advice

10. Mr B shine

Mr B shine Active Member

you will get plenty of work with that idea I would imagine but it will take up a lot more of your day doing the frames for free, it would be better in my mind to be a real quality cleaner instead

Advertisement