Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Psi Pump Should I Use For 50M Hose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

eij72

Hi all. I have a trolley system I knocked up myself and it works great. Am now setting up my own van system. I have ordered 100metres of hose 6mm inner diameter. I currently have an 80psi pump (works great thru 10 meters of hose), will that be enough to pump thru 100 metres of hose. Might cut in half and keep 50m at home for when the other half is knackered out. What psi would you folks recomend for both 50m and 100m. I pre filter my water, so will pump straight from the tank in my van and up the pole, without passing thru any DI vessels or RO units. Any input would be highly appreciated. Thankyou

pressure wise 80 psi is plenty, as long as the pump is of good quality and can take the strain of daily use, like shurflo and flo jet pumps.

I use 100psi which is pretty much the standard people buy.

6mm hose sometimes has issues with pumps especially at 100m lengths, but if you are willing to cut the hose down then you should be ok.

I have 100m of 6mm hose and use the shurflo 100psi. Never had a problem. I never have it pumping hard so I think an 80psi would be fine.

Back