Looks for pure water advice

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Chris33, Mar 26, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Chris33

Chris33 Well-Known Member

Hi lads,

Going to buy the big boy backpack starter kit on Monday as already have two houses on round that are hard to reach with ladders.

Not too sure on the best way to purify the water though? Most cost effective set up,with any links would be appreciated. I only have a vauxhall corsa and so size is a slight disadvantage just now. Any advice would be much appreciated. Chris

Advertisement
  2. mark

mark Forum Addict

1st thing chris. get yours self a tds metre.(if not already)this will tell you if you live in a hard water area or soft water area blah blah.then go from there.please tell us!!!!

3. mark

mark Forum Addict

then get some 25ltr barrels

4. Chris33

Thanks Mark, have ordered a tds meter just now. What difference will this make to what i buy to purify water bud? Will let you know what water type comes from tests.

5. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

Was just going to post something like this ,so will be interested to know what happens

6. mark

mark Forum Addict

there are no water types!!if you are in a "soft water area" you will have hit the jackpot depending how much water you need,you will get away with a di vessel only,all depending on your tds readings

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

If it reads over 100ppm it will cost you 3 times as much to get set up to make your own water
    If under 100ppm happy days

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question ,I got a barrel that collects rain water , would I have to test this aswel ? If I were to use it on windows ?

9. mark

mark Forum Addict

resin isn't cheap,from my limited experience,the resin im currently using TULSION(as always used),is ****** me off,and its not me processing more water, is not lasting,and I don't buy the thought its my di vessel or vessels at fault.i would take a risk and buy another resin but it could be a costly mistake as its not cccccheap.already need more resin.and they say window cleaning is an easy start up business???

10. Chris33

Lots of those cheap tds pens seem to give varied readings, example being one guy who reviewed a meter on amazon. He bought three identical pens and they all gave different readings,with a difference of 20 between them.hmm

Advertisement