Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Downside To Online Payments

have a customer who claims to of paid online yesterday but i have not received any money, she always paid me before (with a little bit of chasing up needed once) iv text today to confirm she send payment to correct account/code with no reply, any ideas of where to go from here? im thinking if i hear nothing from now until next clean then il just bill her for the whole lot again, online payment are new territory for me so if any has any suggestions of how to deal with this it would me out.

Proof of payment from her bank should do the trick,a lot of my customers pay online and one lady put in wrong digit and money wasn't paid,she admitted her fault though,sometimes there can be slight delay but not any longer than a day,hope you get it sorted.

Give it time, some banks can take upto 5 working days to get to your account.

If payment still not gone in then try going round or phoning them.

If its not in within 7 days, just send her a quick text, saying that you have not recieved the money and when she gets time to check her account.

I have an online payment still outstanding from last month. I cleaned hers again last week and left a note saying it's x2 that she owes me now. Can never catch her home, that's my problem. If she don't pay this time I will have to knock her door on a Sunday morning and ask what the problem is.

Hold your horses /emoticons/wink.png

Santander bank to Barclays is 7 days for us!

We have tested it!

Hold your horses /emoticons/wink.png
Santander bank to Barclays is 7 days for us!

We have tested it!
My business santander does it straight away, to all banks inc Barclays.(i have halifax/barclays/tsb/santader accounts)
But i did have a mate trying to do a bank transfer and it was a friday and it said wont reach account till monday.

The account he pays from is Santander and we are barlcays.

I cant remember what account he said it was, but he paid from a different Santander account and it took 2 hrs!

TSB should take 2 hours(faster payments) but if not, (not working or your account doesnt have the faster payment transfer) then allow up to the normal 3 working days.

I've got one gutter job I did 2 months ago still oustanding fso I'm not a happy bunny as each time I phone they give me some excuse. Like the last one it has been paid but no record of any money being recieved.

Should have gone with my gut feeling as the day I drove 15 miles to do the job when I got there she said sorry I forgot all about the booking can we book it another day as we are just going out for the weekend. I said I'm here now so if you have online banking you can make a payment directly into my bank. She agreed so I done that job and sent an invoice with banks details that eveing so on her return could make the payment that week.

Still trying to get her to pay so will be the last time I will be doing any jobs for her ever again.

I've got one gutter job I did 2 months ago still oustanding fso I'm not a happy bunny as each time I phone they give me some excuse. Like the last one it has been paid but no record of any money being recieved.
Should have gone with my gut feeling as the day I drove 15 miles to do the job when I got there she said sorry I forgot all about the booking can we book it another day as we are just going out for the weekend. I said I'm here now so if you have online banking you can make a payment directly into my bank. She agreed so I done that job and sent an invoice with banks details that eveing so on her return could make the payment that week.

Still trying to get her to pay so will be the last time I will be doing any jobs for her ever again.
If anyone don't pay up I sell the debt to a mate and he is a debt collector lol.

Try this... Email I had to send out!! It worked, unfortunately not everyone is honest and trustworthy. Good Luck. /emoticons/smile.png

Dear Mr Attewell,

After numerous emails and phone calls and promises/ EXCUSES of money transfer into my account, you have still failed to deposit the money for gutter cleaning for 20 Kemp Road at your “urgent request”. Additionally after the months of waiting for payment for the other work you leave me no other course of action.

I am giving you notice if the money is not transferred into my account by end of play Monday 17th October 2011 further action will be taken, which will not be limited to debt collection agency and legal action.

ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS INCURRED WILL BE SORT AND ADDED TO THE FINAL BILL.

Regards…

Mr Stephen Tegg

Window & Gutter Cleaning Services.

Try this... Email I had to send out!! It worked, unfortunately not everyone is honest and trustworthy. Good Luck. /emoticons/smile.png

Dear Mr Attewell,

After numerous emails and phone calls and promises/ EXCUSES of money transfer into my account, you have still failed to deposit the money for gutter cleaning for 20 Kemp Road at your “urgent request”. Additionally after the months of waiting for payment for the other work you leave me no other course of action.

I am giving you notice if the money is not transferred into my account by end of play Monday 17th October 2011 further action will be taken, which will not be limited to debt collection agency and legal action.

ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS INCURRED WILL BE SORT AND ADDED TO THE FINAL BILL.

Regards…

Mr Stephen Tegg

Window & Gutter Cleaning Services.
Very good.

Thanks Steve will give that a go /emoticons/wink.png
Happy to help sometimes you have to be firm with people that don't acknowledge how hard we work and just try it on thinking you'll walk away...

It's only £70 but winds me up no end why ppl mess you about for such a small amount.

one customer of mine was on final warning before court action, and that was only for £12.

at the end of the day money is money, no matter how much it is. you got the service done, you should pay.

Back