Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmm

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I good way to grow your company rep though, with no cost to yourself, can't wait to reach that stage /emoticons/smile.png

Generally it involves a few hiden costs the first one to spot is you have put down £2000 deposit for a van lets say its a newish transit at say £9999 you still have £7999 to repay over monthly instalments the equipment in the van is on long term loan and will be compulsory return if contracts are breached so the £480 aweek is not a realistic figure probably a gross figure another hiden cost with many franchises is the account management say £300 amonth then now you still require liability insurance van insurance company phone to take the calls for the work passed on you basically become a subcontractor with constraints on what you wear and what you drive the cut into the £480 will have happened already as your return is approx £18 an hour before your overhead costs are deducted

I good way to grow your company rep though, with no cost to yourself, can't wait to reach that stage /emoticons/smile.png
As you say pretty good if you are selling the franchises

The examples aren't necessarily what this franchise will take from you but the things to be considered are the business necessaries that aren't listed its not always as much freedom as it sounds to the buyer but can still be a good source of income

That business only works on a 6 weekly n 12 weekly schedule , must have a lot of work on lol

All franchises are designed to earn the franchiser extra income for little or no extra work. They can be good for the franchisee too but just like in a job, you're sharing the profits of your labour with someone else.

Having said that, McDonalds, KFC, Subway etc are all franchises and the franchisees often own more than one and make substantial amounts of money.

One of my windy mates i know ventured into the franchise route, he does ok but personally i prefer having my own buisness.

Franchises are good and your are paying for the time, effort and expertise of the individual who set it up. Saying that some have a better business model than others.... Good luck.

http://www.perfect-windows.co.uk/pwpricing.htmlFranchise means upfront cost then they take a cut of every job you do does it not?

My father in law owned a spar shop and he had to buy all the food etc from them but there were no other costs.. Suppose it depends on the company.
Spar is not a franchise, it's a grocery wholesaler. Being part of the Spar group is a decision made by individual business owners.

The van bit wouldn't bother me, they're not actually asking you to buy the van off them, they are just saying you will need to provide:

· Either around £2,000 for the initial payment on a van lease or a suitable van of the right specification, up to five years old.
so the van itself still belongs to you, they're just giving you and example of what it would cost you to lease one, or you can use one you already own as long as it's new enough to maintain the standard of their brand.

I'd be more concerned with these bits:

WHAT WE PROVIDE· Long-term loan of equipment required to produce de-ionised water.

WHAT YOU NEED TO PROVIDE

· £5,950 to buy the franchise and equipment outlined above.
So in other words, you give them all the money to buy the equipment, but then the equipment they buy (with your money) belongs to them and they can take it back any time they decide you don't meet the "standards" of their franchise any more. In addition to the fact that you will no doubt have to continue paying a regular fee for the continued use of their name. So you've dished out a whole heap of money for a whole load of stuff that ultimately all belongs to them and you don't have any rights to any of it.

The only real benefit I can see is the ready-made customer list, and I'd rather just buy a round outright to get that if I wasn't going to do my own canvassing.

Unless they've got the brand recognition of Coca-Cola or McDonalds I really don't see the point of a window-cleaning franchise, you'd be just as well investing the same amount of money in equipment you will actually own at the end of the day and build your own reputation!

I'd avoid,it id frustrating starting out,especially as been window cleaner all my life and made other people a mint,like previous post said you may as well buy your own set up.don't worry newbies,if you put the work in and show passion it will come.history shows a lot of these fall through.

Spar is not a franchise, it's a grocery wholesaler. Being part of the Spar group is a decision made by individual business owners.
Its a symbol group and 1 of the best aswell , theirs others such as premier,nisa,londis,costcutter etc, i wanted to do this butbto expensive u can open a shop and join any but u just stock their branded items with their promotional offers, it doesnt cost a penny they do all your signs for u etc, costcutter charge per year though n most others are free

Back