Losing Jobs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by nwcs, Apr 3, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. nwcs

nwcs Forum Addict

hi anyone having problems losing work to bloody window cleaners useing ladders and doing windows triditionally.

i been cleaning windows 13 years in this very small village. very happy month in month out nice easy days work for 2 of us. 24 houses just over £300.
    well 3 years ago swopt over to water fed pole but still did down stairs trad.
    over the years lots been canvasses round but not really lost any.
    well 3 months ago lost a house to window cleaner doing it triditionally. wasnt to bothered and left customer on good terms. them lost another and another.
    ive lost 4 now.

im getting abit worried !!!!!

Advertisement
  2. OoO

OoO Guest

Maybe he is cheaper, and to answer your question nope.

3. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Are you still pickin houses up? If you are I wouldnt leit bother you so much. I would make it a habbit and ask why they have stopped though

4. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

Some prefer trad some prefer wfp, Some listen to their friends and stop you because they have, poop happens.

Keep moving forwards mate and don`t dwell on whats gone.

Also depending on how many customers you have it`s a small percentage of work if your up near 400 it`s 1%

5. Posh

Posh Hero

I personally think you will always get this because it still seems as if people prefer trad to wfp. Not everybody I agree but a lot. I think if you ask most traders they will tell you they have got quite a bit of work off wfp lads. A lot of it is because they don't do it properly which obviously wasn't your case but also a lot of people stick with wfp until a trader comes along. Think it will take people a while longer to catch on to it. As said maybe there cheaper as most of the wfp I've got I've been a lot cheaper & your there longer. A lot of people resent paying say £15 for 15 mins work where a trader will be there prob around 30 mins so the customer thinks he's getting his money's worth even tho he's getting the same job.

6. simon

simon Guru

i lost 4 houses in a small valley where i thought i was the only w/c, one of them cancelled for them all on my answer phone so i couldn't ask why, but 2 had said they weren't keen on wfp, i was a bit worried but that was over a year ago & i've not lost any more & i've piked up work in other spots to more than cover it

7. nwcs

nwcs Forum Addict

yes im always picking work up.

just worried i will end up losing the full village.

i can do this round on my own in a day in the summer. so its good work.

as for price ive think ive put them up once in 10 years.

lets hope he gives up next winter lol.

3 of the 4 are over old houses with georgian style windows.

8. simon

simon Guru

im sure i lost mine cos the frames were old & leaked a bit, what reall NAUGHTY me off was if they'd asked i'd of done them trad, cos they were easy enough, i had dreams of loseing the whole valley lmao. i'm sure you wont loose anymore

9. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

If they take anymore shoot them.

Only joking!

10. Posh

Posh Hero

If you've done them for 10 years then they are out of order & not worth having. Just to save a few bob. Pray they come back so you can give them a blunt NO.

Advertisement