Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tank bulging

WCF

Help Support WCF:

James Bond

Hi all, I am attaching a (not very clear) picture of my tank setup because I noticed that my tank is starting to bulge out of the sides with the weight of the water. Is this normal or will I soon have a problem?

15075443651681226017307.jpg

I had it made at a plastic company, they made window cleaning tanks for quite a few people. It's about 520L but the bulge isn't too prominent yet although it's definitely noticeable, it sticks out about 5cm either side now

I had it made at a plastic company, they made window cleaning tanks for quite a few people. It's about 520L but the bulge isn't too prominent yet although it's definitely noticeable, it sticks out about 5cm either side now

Is that a blue ratchet strap over the tank holding it in place?

If it is it may not be the pressure of the water inside but rather the force of the strap pulling down on it.

Is that a blue ratchet strap over the tank holding it in place?

If it is it may not be the pressure of the water inside but rather the force of the strap pulling down on it.

That was my thoughts too. 

Even if thats not the issue then I would t worry too much. 

Ive has a custom made tank by I’m dfuessing he same supplier as you and it it had a slight bulge that never got worse. 

Ive now got a tank from a different supplier and it also is slightly the same. 

All plastic moves slightly. 

Is your lid the type that lets air in or out? Don't know if it will make a difference, but a small drilled hole in the lid with a piece of pole hose wedged in would release the pressure in the tank

Back