Lost a Custie to VISON!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by adamangler, Jun 3, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

At least im guessing its vision, any other additives it could be?

Went to a custies this morning, (big house decent paying job but never pay online and always have to chase for brass)

Anyway there fussy, have you done this bit that bit etc (too much brass)
    Missus comes out as i pull up, can you wait 2 mins my husbands on his way home he wants to speak to you, ok....anyway he gets there says weve had a free clean from this company (massive company) and they used an additive in the water and we think its done a better job, windows look shinier etc.

I told them its something ive heard of but debated whether its any good or not. Custie insisted it was a better shine especially on the conny where it gets a lot of light. He said there perfectly clean when youve been they just dont have this shine.

Anyway he asked if i could do the same, i said to be honest no its not worth me buying and experimenting for one custie besides ive none on me now anyway. He said can you leave it and i will let you know what the wife wants to do later.

I said (after advice on here about taking no shite) no thanks ill leave it to the other company.

Now, im a bit gutted as it was one of my best priced jobs however i never liked doing them as they were fussy so meh..

I was a bit annoyed theyd been trying another company out in the first place, i get the feeling theyre just fussy people with too much money and didnt really appreciate getting turned away, why they couldnt have rang me to let me know ive no idea.

BUT got me thinking about using an additive, vision or whatever, would you guys consider using something in the same situation? or should i just forget about it and carry on with just pure?

Advertisement
  2. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

I don't know anything about additives per se, but wouldn't have thought you can get cleaner than a good clean with pure water? (Or good squeegee work).

Technically an additive left on would be adding a surface layer and not relevant to the clean.

I don't think its bad they tried another firm in principle.

I've seen some houses; they claim are being cleaned every two-four weeks the jobs very bad if they're not lying and I'd rather they tried me, but loyalty stops them.

I bet your work is good, but in principle if a customer isn't happy they should try out other sources. As I say, I'm sure in your example they're just fussy ones and you couldn't please them if you were wagga with a platinum wagtail

3. They sound awkward. Good riddance. Replace them with loyal no nonsense customers.

4. Poles Apart

There is an additive which makes hydrophobic glass turn hydrophilic

5. rafawindowcleaning

rafawindowcleaning Well-Known Member

Thats vision isnt it ?

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Sometimes this job does kick you in the balls. They tried another company who did them for free! The free bit sounds iffy to me and they have probably undercut you Adam.

I have a story from yesterday. I 'had' 4 bungalows in a small cul-de-sac. Last month one died, leaving 3 to clean this month, or so I thought. I picked the 4th one up about 3 months ago and said I would ring the night before. Anyway, on Monday I get a text saying to leave them in the future as it wasn't working out. WTF I thought. So I text back and ask why. She texts back after a day saying they would like a weeks notice so they can arrange to do things. Apparently they stayed in all day once waiting for me :confused:. So I thought meh to that one. Soooo yesterday I turn up at the next door neighbours to clean. I've been cleaning for her for a long time, I always get a cuppa and a natter. She hands me my cuppa and says this will have to be the last time today. My first thought was she was moving or going in a home. Oh, why is that then I asked. My grandson is moving in with me and has bought an old house to do up and will be doing odd jobs for me for extra cash. If he doesn't do a very good job, I've got your number and I'll be in touch. I saw red, I said to her in mid conversation, could you just close the door while I clean that and then I'm done. I cleaned it, left a full cup of tea, reeled my hose in and went.

The silly thing is that I saw her as one of my most loyal customers! But, 2 doors have closed and 3 have opened up this week, so **** em!

There is no such thing as loyalty! If you can, keep them all at arms length.

Glad I got that off my chest :D

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • List
  7. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I lost one (£25 job) a few weeks ago with the 'my son will do them for me' excuse. Initially I was a little annoyed and started to consider my pricing, my method, had I said or done something to upset them.

The next day I went to do another £25 in the same village and got asked by the neighbour. I did that one and gained the neighbour on the other side. So I lost a £25 job and gained 2 x £25 jobs in the same village.

Just the way it is. I will say though, that if they leave me there is no return,..ever.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Steven

Steven Member

I agree with the no return but it is usually from their part!

9. Poles Apart

Can't see what the problem is? We all like to save money when possible it's her perrogative, I've been with Sky for 15 years but got sick of the £70 a month bill and cancelled, I wouldn't like to be regarded as disloyal by them?

10. albootyerbaws

albootyerbaws Well-Known Member

vision works well

Advertisement