Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Long ?

All Round Cleaning

How long would you guys reckon is an appropriate amount of time spent on per house

For an average 3 bed semi ? I'm currently spending around 30 mins per property

For glass frames , sills , doors and my average price is £10 per house this is trad as well .

So I'm doing glass frames sills and door for a tenner in 30 mins on first cleans it' s usually around an hr

Job , so what do you guys reckon ? Am I doing ok ?

Oh and it's TRAD as well only use wfp for the doors and difficult windows .

if you are doing a good job and a 3 bed semi takes you 30 minutes trad then i think you are doing fine

That's a relief then lol I was worrying I was taking to long per job .

I was thinking as long as I can try and hit around £20 per hr I would be doing ok .

Personally I think that 30 mins is a bit excessive. 15-20 mins tops for me. That's taking my time. Cleaning sills ect
I am quite new , oh and recovering from cardiac arrest lol so tend to take it a bit easy but I'm just trying to find a specific goal per

House to aim for .

With either method of window cleaning every time you do the job you will get a little faster. It's the little things like knowing which flag you ended up putting you ladder on last time and putting it straight there. Not going back the van because you forgot a scrim. Little tweaks speed you up. But lets face it, does it really matter if your 10% slower than somebody else. Your standards might be 10% higher so therefore you retain 10% more customers and spend 90% less time chasing new work. All of which will earn you more window cleaning credits in the long run!

I agree with Colley,

dont worry about what is normal to everyone else because everyone works at different speeds. You just need to calculate what YOU want to earn in a hour and work towards that goal or even improving it.

I aim for £25 - £30 a hour but near the end of the day I can get a bit tired (like this weekends, bloomen HOT) so I noticed I was cleaning slower.

Forget about what you're earning per hr. Get the job done right, then the £/hr will all come good. Cleaning is all about getting the quality sorted. And lets face it.... even id you were only earning £10 an hr..... your still doing better than 60% of the uk population so dont get hung up on it.....

As i said before do a good job speed will come in time so will more money .If you listened to some of the people on hear talking about how much they earn a hour it will drive you up the wall most are talking a load of ****. i have been off for a couple of weeks looking after the kids so i have been on hear during the day .All these people earning loads of money and got loads of work are on here are on here during the day as well someone is lyeing .

Haha too true.

For me I am aiming for 15 minutes for a standered house, but it might be half of what your doing, but I charge £5 for a standered house too, so were both earning at least £20 an hour bro.

Yeah the way I see it at the moment is as long as I'm getting a tenner an hr I'm happy but I'm aiming for £20

I know it will take time but tbh the way things are going at the moment I'm glad I'm taking my time as I'm picking new customers

Up left right and centre due to my quality of work !

Yeah the way I see it at the moment is as long as I'm getting a tenner an hr I'm happy but I'm aiming for £20

I know it will take time but tbh the way things are going at the moment I'm glad I'm taking my time as I'm picking new customers

Up left right and centre due to my quality of work !
I see it same Gav, some days lucky if I earn £10 per hour and not even out working for many but I don't rush. I'd rather do a good job and get faster with experience than rush and do a bad job now, I'll get more referrals that way.

As i said before do a good job speed will come in time so will more money .If you listened to some of the people on hear talking about how much they earn a hour it will drive you up the wall most are talking a load of ****. i have been off for a couple of weeks looking after the kids so i have been on hear during the day .All these people earning loads of money and got loads of work are on here are on here during the day as well someone is lyeing .
I've always wondered that. How can people earning well & very busy sit on here during the day?

I see it same Gav, some days lucky if I earn £10 per hour and not even out working for many but I don't rush. I'd rather do a good job and get faster with experience than rush and do a bad job now, I'll get more referrals that way.
That's exactly right. Get the job done right & sod the speed. It comes in the end. I'm doing houses quicker now then 3 years ago but do not he preside quality. Gav if you get £15 an hour & work 8 hours that's £600 a week. That's not bad in this day & age.

I take around 30 minutes to to an average 3 bedroomed house, and I have been in this game 15 years!

I take as long as it takes when doing a first clean, knowing the job has been done thoroughly, making it easier from the second clean onwards.

Some may say I am too slow, and if they do, that's fine. I am making a decent enough wage from it, which is all that matters.

John

I take around 30 minutes to to an average 3 bedroomed house, and I have been in this game 15 years!

I take as long as it takes when doing a first clean, knowing the job has been done thoroughly, making it easier from the second clean onwards.

Some may say I am too slow, and if they do, that's fine. I am making a decent enough wage from it, which is all that matters.

John
That to me is the perfect answer.

John
I agree with Posh, perfect answer.

Back